19

I wake up on my bedroom floor. My head hurts, I must have fallen off of my bed. I get up, get dressed, then head downstairs. My mom waits for downstairs. Her face is very bright, almost as if her insides are smiling.
"Hello!"
"Happy this morning?" I ask with a puzzled look.
"Well....." she says.
"Spill it."
"Okay, okay," she says with a grin, "I have a date tonight!"
"Really?!" I ask.
"Mhm, his name is Eric."
"Eric?" I ask, "as in Katelyn's dad Eric?"
"I suppose so," she shrugs, "anyways, I won't be her til' late tonight. Are you gonna be alright?"
"Uh, yeah Mom. I was planning on going to the movies tonight, with Laurence. Is that okay?"
"Yeah, sure, I don't see why not. Laurence is a nice boy. Hey, why don't you invite to have dinner with us tomorrow?" she asks, "Eric and I guess Katelyn will be there."
"Alright Mom, see you later." I say I'm going shopping with Katelyn."
"Bye, honey!"
I head out the door where Katelyn is waiting in her car. I've always loved her black jeep. It's comfortable yet stylish.
"Hurry up you potato!" she yells.
"Im coming, Im coming!"
I get in and she pulls out of my driveway. She has a puzzled look on her face as she drives fast, like she does when she's thinking, or upset.
I brush it off and turn on some music to get her mind off of whatever she 's thinking about. She jams out to her faborite song and laugh. It's good to see she's having fun. Plus, I think she has a date with Travis. Maybe that's why she invited me to shop with her. I don't know I'm just here to have some fun with my bestie.
We pull up to the mall, and go into our favorite store.
"Wow, this would look great on you Katelyn!"
"I'll try it, here, try this one on."
We both go into different dressing rooms. I put on the purple knee length strapless silk dress and silver heels.

I walk out to see Katelyn in the blue summer dress I picked out

I walk out to see Katelyn in the blue summer dress I picked out. She also has on the white pumps I picked out, now I really feel short.

"We look good!" Katelyn says as we take a selfie and send it to my mom

"Now we just need something to pull it all together." she says.
She picks out a diamond necklace and puts it around my neck.
"There, perfect." She says.
"My turn!"
I look around until I see a black choker with a crystal hanging off of it. It looks perfect on her. We get back into our normal clothes, and pay.
"Pizza?" Katelyn asks.
"For sure!"