23

I wake up to the chattering of voices and the smell of breakfast. I'm still on the couch. When I wake I find Katelyn peering over me. She looks at me then over her shoulder. When I lean up I see my mom cooking with Katelyn's dad. "Oh," I mummer then lay back down. I open my phone and find a text from Laurence. 

Laur: Hey, you up?

Laur: I'll be over in 20 minutes.

I shoot up and run up to my room. I take a quick shower then get dressed and come back down stairs. "You were quick to jump," Katelyn says when I sit next to her."Uh, Mom Laurance is coming over in a bit," I say looking at Katelyn. "Okay," mom says then goes back to cooking with Eric. "Oh is he?" Katelyn smirks and I feel heat rising to my cheeks.

       A few moments pass and there's a knock on the door. I open the door and Laurence ingolfs me in a hug. "Aww," Katelyn teases. I punch her playfully and then sit down next to Laurence. Mom is still giggling with Eric. Which honestly, is still really weird for me. 

When I was little, my father died. I was only 6.For the longest time, it was just her and I. So it's kinda weird having Eric around all the time. I mean, it's not like they're married, but it sure feels like it. What's really odd is, she won't tell me how he died...

"Okay Aph, I'm done watching them. Let's go," Katelyn whispers and I gesture Laurence to follow.