Docking the Calico

Thanks for visiting my book! It's my first fan fiction so if you wanna message me about any errors and what not, go ahead!! :)

This has been #1 in #kirkland #arthurkirkland and #pirateengland
BOOYAH

-March 29th, 1812-
-Seas of England-

       The dark oak vessel rocked slowly as the (H/C) haired woman balanced upon the edge of her very own ship. The Calico. She was a merciless when need be, extremely wealthy, 19 year old pirate with the title of the "second" most powerful Captain out there". Surely, that title didn't suit her.
She was better than that..
If it weren't for that damn Arthur Kirkland she would have already claimed the title.
Maybe if she was a man she'd be the most feared pirate of all time but her feminine voice, walk, and body gave off an "innocent" facade. And sometimes that helped her in sketchy situations.

She was dressed in a pure white button up shirt, brown-black legging-like pants, knee-high brown boots, and her long, dark red waistcoat with gold and black trimming on the edges.

Most captains are known for just being the boss of the crew, but (Y/N) on the other hand was treated like a queen. She really should be, too, after how she developed an entire staff. Homeless, useless, and ragged men were brought to her ship, escorted by the woman herself, and taught the ropes of the pirates life, how to fight, how to survive, and how to win. Anyone with nothing left is picked up by the Calico and sailed around the world with food, shelter, and friendly, almost royal treatment.

The ship itself was one of the largest out there, the hardest and most durable wood was used to make the Calico. The rooms overall were specially made for her crew and secret passages wound throughout the entire layout of the ship.

She had made it with the help of her father and his ex-crew. Just before her father died, she promised to 'make herself famous without forcing it upon other people', her fathers own beliefs. That was the special thing about that girl. Even at a young age she knew right from wrong.

If anyone dares to hurt her ship, or her crew, they will be at the mercy of Captain Calico.

------

At the moment, the beautiful girl was spying silently on a nearby country. England. While her crew of only men hustled to do their jobs, she was standing professionally balanced on the boats outer line thinking to herself. Sure it was a rough life, but she wouldn't trade it for the world. Her ship and crew members were all she cared about.

----

"Land about a mile out, Capitano~!" Came from the crows nest above. It was Feliciano, one of your most trusted members of the crew. His brother Lovino handled the kitchen, the best chef in the world, was only a gentleman to you and somewhat his brother.

You looked up, smiling sweetly at the energetic Italian.
"Thank you Feli!!"
You turn swiftly on your heel, waistcoat swishing about, and head towards the front deck to the wheel. The tall blonde boy named Alfred was steering and turning the wheel softly. He turns around and flashes his signature and dazzling smile at you.
"I'll take it from here, Jones. You go take a break." You walk towards the wheel and pat him on the back to lead him away.
"Sweet! Thanks Capt'n!" His face lit up as he looked around the ship, eyeing people. His eyes land on another blonde boy and he runs toward them smiling, so you take this chance to align the wheel and pull the slick lever to lock the direction in place.
You look in the direction of the distant docks with a content face and see an unfamiliar but obviously Pirate ship docked next to your future spot. That content look disappears and is replaced by a scowl

"Fuck."

------

You slow the ship down and steer slowly to make sure you're perfectly even with the port boards. Matthew was helping you align the ship.
"A little to the left....... lil' more!! OKAY STOP!!" The ship sways to a stop and the crew gets ready to leave the ship and... "explore".
You set the wheel and make sure everything valuable is hidden just in case the other pirates try to steal it.

You tie your hair up with a black ribbon and let pieces of hair fall to frame each side of your face. The port is open and not many people are there.
The foggy town in front of you starts to get clearer and the apartments and pubs are stacked all over.

The four co-commanders are waiting for you at the entrance, Afred, Lovino, Feliciano, and Matthew were bowing like you were royalty and people started staring.
Especially a brunette, green eyed, Spaniard who is now rushing away to tell his beloved captain.

You jump from the ship onto the docks. You land sharply and some townsfolk look at you like you were extremely dangerous. Well.. they're not wrong.
People started rushing home and hurrying their children along. They knew not to get in the way of pirates.

You sigh and pat Lovinos back calmly. "We're finally here.." A smirk tugs at your lips and the boys glance at each other.

Behind you, you pretended not to hear Alfred's comment. "She's a totally different person in England.." Matthew nods quickly and helps a small white fluff ball that seemed clueless into a knapsack.

Lovino crosses his arms and turns his head towards you. "Where are we headed, Captain?"

You look around with your lips pursed while the boys did the same.

"There's a pub a few blocks away. I'm gonna go get myself a drink."

-- Day One