MESSAGES (cont.)

Aspen

"What is it, King Aspen?" The general asked.

I smiled and handed it to him, "It's a letter from a hero-" then I handed it to him and Scar, "To another heroes."

He took it and read it aloud , along with Scar.

My dearest Aris and Scarlett, my daughter. I wanted to thank you for bringing me so much happiness before I go. I'm sorry I wasn't able to tell you a lot of things.

I didn't want to put you in danger. Because I love you, I chose to push you away from my life. You see, my life was dangerous. I was a very dangerous woman before I met you, Aris. I was on a mission.

"Dangerous? Maybe it was her job as the mole." Scarlett said, then she continued reading the letter.

I was sent to collect information to bring down Sorah. My beloved, I used you to get closer to that information. I'm so sorry. My life and my family's life was on the line back then. My mission was to assassinate this nation.

That's all I was trained for. I was a citizen of a kingdom ruled by generations of ruthless kings. If I fail, they'll kill not only me, but also the ones I loved. I never wanted to do it, but I had no choice, my dear. This was my life.

"Oh Eleanor.." General Aris uttered.

But then, you changed everything. You changed me. I fell in love with you. I fell in love with Sorah. You introduced me to this kingdom.

For the first time, it felt like I had a family in Sorah. Everyone I met changed me, especially king Jethro. I've never known a king as kind as the one you have. I wanted to live there with you. I couldn't bring myself to destroy this kingdom.

That's why I decided to run away from it all by marrying you, Aris. You made me want to start a new life. I burned everything from my past to be with you; to be Eleanor de Beville and not Eleanor Maoris. Then Scarlett came. And that was it. I was never happier. Starting a family with you was too good to be true.

Honestly, I forgot who I was and the kingdom I originally worked for.

"Mom." Scar uttered as they read further.

I forgot that the kingdom I once reluctantly served never forgets those who sins against it. My friend warned me and wanted me to escape. Only then I realized that I never could escape them. I feared that when they find me...they'll hurt you too.

And that's what I cannot take. That's why I joined the sail to the Deep Cerulean.

I cannot let them take my family, or the kingdom I learned to love. I know that my death won't be in vain. It is going to be the greatest sacrifice I'll make.

"So, it was suicide." The general closed his eyes in agony, "She knew there'll be a storm. She knew she'll die there. But still..."

I took everything with me and left you this so that you'll know when the time comes. Don't worry about me. I couldn't ask for more anymore.

And don't worry yourself too, my love.

Don't worry about the pain of the water filling my lungs, nor the struggle as I lacked air. I was smiling, my dear.

"Eleanor." The general started tearing up and so did Scarlett.

You're safe now. They don't know about you or the kingdom I went to. You and Scarlett will live. That's more than enough for me.