Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(This is reallllllllly short because the next two chapters are going flashbacks to be of the night Ashton and Hadley broke up. Sorry about that.)

I woke up around noon Australian time. Ashton was sitting in bed wide awake, considering it was five in the afternoon is Los Angeles. I looked up at him, he obviously didn’t know I was awake. I jokingly rolled over into him and sprawled out across his body. He thought I was still asleep, especially considering that his body stiffened when I rolled onto him.

After a few moments, his body relaxed underneath mine. I smiled to myself before looking up at him. “Hi.”

Ashton smiled his adorable and dorky smile before shaking his head. “Hi,” He grinned and kissed my forehead. “You are a crazy sleeper.”

“I can’t help it,” I blushed and rolled off of his body.

“I’m just joking with you, Had.” I bit my lip and looked away from him. The fact that he called me ‘Had’ made my heart flutter. He was the only one who had ever called me that before beside my Uncle Jeff when I was a little kid. 

“Okay, Ash,” I put extra emphasis on his nickname just to tease him.

“Do you not like that nickname anymore?”

“No, I still do. It’s just I’m not to used to being called that.”

“Oh,” He smiled softly, he was obviously proud of the fact that he was still the only one to call me that. “Michael didn’t?”

“No. I wouldn’t let him, and he didn’t like nicknames. He said they were dumb,” I admitted and sat up before leaning back against the headboard.

“Well, he’s a dumbass.”

“Don’t say that. He can be a sweetheart. And at one point, he was your best friend,” I quickly defended Michael and glanced at Ashton.

“Well you were friends with Nicole before.” Shit. Did he really have to say that? Nicole used to be my best friend up until the point when Ashton and I took a break, and she tried hooking up with him. She knew how devastated I was and walked all over it. I couldn’t stand her anymore. Still do this day, Nicole always gave me shit about it. 

“Let’s just drop it,” I sighed and grabbed my phone. I had three messages from Michael. What the fuck?

“What is he doing texting you?”

“I don’t know, Ashton.”

“He shouldn’t be texting you anymore. He doesn’t own you.”

“Well you don’t either. I can text whoever I want to.” I gave him an evil glance, causing him to stand up.

“I’m going to the gym,” He sighed and walked out of my room. He was still the same old short tempered Ashton that he was when we broke up.