Chapter Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY

HADLEY’S POV

I laid in my tiny twin bed and stared up at the ceiling. I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to be thinking. Ashton was leaving early the next morning, and I didn’t want him to leave at all. We had just had sex for God’s sake. I wasn’t ready for him to leave. I’d miss him too much.

I couldn’t take laying in bed thinking about him anymore. I wanted him. Slowly,  dropped my feet to the floor and stood up. I quietly made my way to the guest room, hoping I wouldn’t wake my brother or parents. I twisted the door knob and opened the door a little too fast, causing it to creak.

“Fuck…” I muttered under my breath and bit my lip.

“Hadley?” Ashton whispered. I could see him sit up from the glow of his phone.

“Hi…” I bit my lip once again and walked into his room, shutting the door behind me.

“You okay?”

“I’m a little sore, but yeah.” I answered, causing him too chuckle a bit.

“I didn’t mean it like that,” He grinned and turned his flashlight on his phone on. My cheeks quickly grew bright red and burned. “Come here.” I obeyed him and made my way to the bed.

“I don’t want you to leave tomorrow,” I admitted and climbed into the bed next to him.

“You could come with me.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. You know how we get when we’re around each other too much.”

“I promise I’ll work harder to make our relationship last. I love you. I don’t want to lose you again.” He set his hand on my thigh and squeezed gently. I wanted to go with him so bad, but I didn’t want our relationship to get fucked up again. If a little distance was going to bend our broken relationship, I guess I’d be okay with it.

“What time do you have to leave tomorrow morning?” I leaned my body against his.

“The flight is at seven fifteen, so probably around six since you live closer to the airport.”

“I can drive you,” I yawned a little and closed my eyes.

“Hadley, please. I don’t want to be away from you anymore.”

“Airplane tickets cost a ton of money, Ashton. I don’t have that kind of money.”

“I’ll pay for your ticket.”

“That’s too much to ask for. Besides, I’m not even packed.” I looked up at him as he looked down at me. 

“Do you not want to try a relationship with me or something? It seems like you don’t. You’re ignoring all my attempts to make a relationship work.” Ashton sighed and leaned away from me a bit.

“You know I want a relationship with you more than ever. I just hate having people spending their money on me. Especially when it’s something as expensive as a plane ticket,” I quickly defended myself and sat up straight. Ashton grew silent. I didn’t like how quiet he became.

“Hadley, I’ll do anything. Please come back to LA with me.” My mind started racing in a million different directions. I stayed silent for awhile before sighing.

“Fine.”

***

ASHTON’S POV

I watched out the plane window as the view changed from the ocean to LA. You could see all of the traffic even from this far up in the sky. I turned my head over to Hadley who was asleep in her chair. Her head was leaning against my shoulder. I shook her leg gently, trying to wake her up.