Chapter Two

I took a deep breath before approaching the boys’ front door. I rang the door and waited patiently. I glanced at my phone and it said it was six thirty Pacific Time. My head was already spinning from jet lag. I heard foot steps approach the door, causing my whole body to stiffen. This moment had been building up over the past four months. I couldn’t actually believe it was here. The door opened wide, causing my smile to grow wide. I immediately heard screaming coming from in the house. Calum answered the door as he was bent over laughing. 

“Calum! Shut the fuck up! You’re an idiot-“ Michael came chasing after him. He became quiet as soon as he saw me. I was expecting something from the movies where we would come running at each other and embrace, but no. “Hey Hadley…” He smiled and pushed Calum out of the way. Great. We were off to a great start already.

The last time I had a face-to-face conversation with Michael was on Skype three days before. He started fighting with me over the stupidest things. He told me it was my fault for having ‘his best friend turn away from him’. As soon as he said best friend, I didn’t need an explanation. It was Ashton. It was obvious that the two of them started fighting as soon as I entered Michael’s life. The whole thing caused a major blow up that I promised myself I would never bring up again.

“Hi,” I grinned as he stepped outside and awkwardly wrapped his arms around my waist. “I missed you so much…” I mumbled into the crook of his neck.

“I missed you too baby,” He placed his hand on the small of my back before kissing my temple. Michael pulled away to get my suitcase and bring it into the house. As I walked in with him, the tension was heightened. Ashton sat on the couch and grew quiet. 

“I like your hair, Papa Smurf,” I teased Michael and he let out a soft chuckle.

“Thank you. I thought you’d like it,” He chuckled and set my suitcase on his messy bed. “Jesus, Hadley. How much did you pack? Is there a dead body in there?” 

“Shut up,” I laughed softly and hit his arm. I missed this so much.

“I can’t wait to fuck you tonight,” He smirked as he walked in my direction. 

My cheeks immediately flushed as he spoke. And to be honest, his words hurt. Did he only want sex from me? He barely even hugged me when I arrived. “Great to see you too, Michael…” 

He sighed softly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “There’s something about you that’s different…” 

“I could say the same. You’re even paler,” I teased one again, causing him to pick me up over his shoulders and walk downstairs again. “Michael! Set me down! Mike?! Where are you taking me?!” 

I squealed and kicked my legs in protest. Michael kicked open the back door. The smell of chlorine hit me like a thousand bricks. “Michael! You know how I feel about water!” I squealed again as I felt his grip loosening. “I have my phone in my pocket—!” Just as I screamed in protest, I was thrown into the pool. 

I surfaced the water and started coughing. All I could hear was him laughing. 

“What the fuck?!” I quickly got out of the water and pulled my phone out of my pocket. 

“Oh shut up, you’re fine… I was only joking. Come here babe,” Michael held out his arms for me.

“No,” I glared at him before grabbing a towel. 

“Had…”

“I’ve been here for not even ten minutes and you’ve already pissed me off beyond belief… I’m going to take a shower. While I’m in the shower, you’re going ti try to fix my phone.” I chucked the drenched iphone at his chest and quickly jogged up the stairs to his bathroom.