Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

I felt my whole body go weak, and I allowed myself to fall weakly into Ashton’s arms. He hugged me tight and rested his chin on the top of my head they way he used to d when we were together. I gripped onto his t-shirt and allowed myself to cry. 

Ashton’s POV

Out of the three years I had know Hadley, I had never seen her this upset. It wasn’t something that I wanted to get used to either. For the past three years, she had put up some sort of barrier between us. It was almost as if she built a wall and there was not a chance in hell she’d knock it down. 

I didn’t know what to do other than to hold her and let her cry into my shirt. Her tears caused her make-up to turn my gray shirt black. I gently lifted Hadley up and carried her into my bedroom. I didn’t know if she was this emotional from being overly tired or she was emotionally unstable. I gently laid her down on the bed and bit my lip.

“C-can you please go?” She wiped her eyes but also refused to make eye contact with me. Great. We were back to that damn wall being built up again.

“Yeah, just call for me if you need anything. You can stay in here tonight and take a break from Michael,” I replied and slowly backed out of the room. I shut the door to give her the respect she deserved. 

I waited outside of the door for a minute or two before reluctantly heading down the stairs. What if she does something stupid? My sub conscience never failed to make me uneasy by having so many unnecessary thought to run through my mind.

“What the fuck happened?” I asked Calum once I got downstairs and plopped down on the couch. 

“I told her about Michael and Claire,” Calum responded and kept staring at some stupid American reality TV show. 

“Great job. Because of you, she's upstairs crying her eyes out,” I rolled my eyes at him and looked at the Tv before grabbing my phone out of my pocket. I couldn’t tell him about her cutting herself. That was none on his business.

“She was upset and I didn’t want her to find out some other way that wouldn’t be fair to her.”

“Well what you did wasn’t fair. She needed to hear it from Michael or that skank,” I sighed and grabbed the remote before changing the TV channel to ESPN.

“Fuck off. I was watching that,” Calum tried grabbing the remote from me, but there was no way in hell I could watch anymore of that stupid Snooki and the girl with tits the size of fucking pizzas.

“It’s obviously killing all of your brain cells. You don’t need to watch anymore,” I snapped at him. Things became quiet again before Calum had to ruin it again and start talking.

“Did she notice your tattoos?” I replied by shaking my head. I didn’t want to talk anymore. I needed to relax.

Calum and I sat in silence for a good fifteen minutes before Luke entered the house. He sauntered over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He was alone so thank god.

“Where’s Mike?” Calum glanced at Luke before looking back at his phone.

“He’s hanging with uh, with Claire,” Luke pretty much whispered that bitch’s name and sat on the couch between Calum and I. “Where is she?”

“Had’s upstairs in my room. Mike fucking ruined it all. So did Calum. He told her about the whole Claire thing.”

“Calum, you fucking idiot,” Luke chuckled and threw a pillow at Calum. Calum hit the pillow to block it, causing it to land on the floor in front of us.

I stood up shaking my head. How could they be laughing and making jokes of that? It’s not like you could even pretend not to hear Hadley’s sobs from upstairs. She was obviously heartbroken and here those two idiots are making a joke out of it. 

(I know this chapter is really short and Im sorry for that. Thanks for the read! Most likely I’ll post a double update tomorrow when I get back from getting my ears double pierced. Thank you!! I love you all! <3 )