Chapter Ten - Part One

CHAPTER TEN

The day went by slowly. Ashton ended up passing out on the couch as he made me watch some dumb movie with him. I was stuck on the couch with Ashton’s legs sprawled across my lap, didn’t know how to work the TV, and couldn’t reach my phone. Great. I looked around the house now that no one was around and it was light outside. It was cleaner than I thought it’d be, but you could tell that four teenage boys were living there.

I looked down at Ashton as I felt his legs move off of me and land on the ground. “Thanks for falling asleep on me,” I grinned and looked over at him.

“It’s not my faultI was kept up all night with your snoring,” He teased without a smile, trying to be serious.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” I nodded, going along with his joke. Ashton turned to look at me and grinned.

“I need to run and go get a few things. Do you want to come?”

“I’ve got nothing else to do…” I teased him again and stood up

“Go get your swim suit. WE can also go to the beach or something.”

“I-I didn’t bring one,” I bit my lip and waited for a harsh comment. If it was Michael, he would’ve started fighting with me over it.

“Why not? You’re in fuming Los Angeles.”

“I don’t uh, I don’t want people to see my, my uh, scars.” My response came out in a whisper that was hardly audible. Ashton nodded and gave me a supporting smile. Thank god for him.

“We can still walk on the beach if you want. Besides, the ocean here is freezing,” The way he was so quick to answer with other options to make me feel more comfortable warmed my heart.

“Yeah, I’d like that,” I smiled softly and looked up at him.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“I’ve been ready all morning, well afternoon to do something,” I laughed softly as he let out a soft chuckle and walked to the door.

Ashton led me out of the house to a car pared in the garage. He opened my door for me before getting in on my side.

(I’m so sorry this chapter is sooooo short. So much has been happening. WE had a pipe burst at my house from it being freaking -40 degrees in Ohio so my room flooded and turned into the titanic. I don’t have school Friday so I will make sure to write the second part of the story along with another chapter. Once again, so sorry. And the second half of this chapter has something HUGE happening ;) Thank you soooo much for 500 reads!!! love you all!)