Chapter Sixteen

(Sorry it's taken awhile to upload and sorry if thi update is total crap. I've been really busy and I'm on vacation right noe so I've been a bit distracted! I'm almost to 1,000 reads, so I'll do something special for that! Comment if you have any suggestions! Thanks for the reads! Keep on voting and giving me feedback! Love you all xx)

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

ASHTON’S POV

I arrived back at Hadley’s house after going to the gym. I had a feeling when I got back, Hadley wouldn’t be home. If she wasn’t, I couldn’t blame her. All morning was going so well up until the point where I fucked up. I shouldn’t have left.

I knocked on the front door and to my surprise, Hadley answered. Her hair was up in a high ponytail with barley any makeup on. To me, she looked perfect like this. Her face wasn’t distracted by layers of makeup and her hair. She smiled softly, making me feel better about the situation.

“Hey,” I smiled at her and stepped into the house.

“Hey. Um, I was thinking and maybe we could go to the beach today?” She bit her lip and watched as I took my shoes off.

“Yeah, I’d like that. When do you want to go?”

“Anytime is fine with me.” 

“We can go now,” She smiled softly and headed to the stairs. “I’m gonna go change. Do you have a swim suit?”

“I didn’t bring one,” I bit my lip and followed her.

“Wanna borrow one of Alex’s?” Hadley asked looking back at me as she headed up the stairs.

“Nah, I’ll just wear a pair of gym shorts or something.” There was some sort of awkward tension in the air and I didn’t like it at all.

“Okay. I’ll be back downstairs in a minute.” Had went into her room and shut the door. As she changed, I decided not to change and just leave the same pair of athletic shorts on. I knew that I wanted to take her to Wattamolla Lagoon in Royal National Park. It was a secluded area with an amazing waterfall. I hadn’t been for at least a couple of years, and I missed it. I used to go on a daily basis with Luke, Calum, and Mike, but since we had been in America for so long, we obviously hadn’t gone.

Hadley came downstairs a few minute later in high waisted jean shorts, thongs, and a tank top. I could see her neon bikini top through her tight tank top. She was so fucking attractive. 

“Do you have anywhere in mind you want to go?” She asked as she grabbed her purse sitting by the front door.

“I kinda want to go to Wattamolla,” I replied as I slipped my thongs back on.

“That beach is really crowded…” She looked at me with a worried expression. I didn’t get why her self esteem was so low. Hadley was fucking gorgeous. If she saw the way guys stared at her, and how every girl watched her with jealousy, she’d see how beautiful she is.  Instead, all she saw were her flaws.

“Not the beach. I was actually thinking about going to Wattamolla Lagoon.”

HADLEY’S POV

The drive to Wattamolla was shorter than I remembered. We were only in the car for about ten minutes. We he pulled up to the closet parking lot, there were only three cars, and two of them had surf pads on the top. 

As I climbed out of the car, I felt my stomach get butterflies. They weren’t the good time. I hadn’t worn a swim suit in front of anyone for at least a whole year, and having Ashton as the first person made me want to dig a hole then burry myself in it.