Chapter Six

*I know this chapter is really short and I'm sorry about that. I got the freaking stomach flu so I haven't had the time to write. Sorry!!! thanks for amost 200 reads!!! It means a lot!*

CHAPTER SIX

Hadley’s POV

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Ashton lightly snoring. I turned my head and glanced at the clock before reading that it was seven in the morning. I hated the stupid jet lag, it had me all disorientated. 

I slowly removed myself from Ashton and bit my lip. What was I doing sleeping in bed with him? I mean, for God’s sake, Michael and I hadn’t even officially broken up. I told myself that I’d never open my heart back up to Ashton, but after last night how could I ignore him? He was so sweet and gentle with me. It made my stomach do flips just thinking about it.

Ashton slowly reached out for me again and ended up grabbing a pillow and cuddling with it. I couldn’t help but laugh softly. I guess my laugh woke him up because he groaned and looked over at me.

“Mmm…” He groaned again and shoved his face in his pillow again.

“Good morning to you too, sunshine,” I grinned and laid down flat on my back.

“I’m going back to sleep,” Ashton mumbled into his pillow, causing his words to be muffled. I smiled softly and ended up closing my eyes again. After all, it was two in the morning back home in Australia.

I woke up, to me, what felt like a few hours later. Until I looked at the clock and saw that it was two in the afternoon. I wiped my eyes and sat up. What if Michael was downstairs? With how he was, I bet Michael was probably still asleep, so I convinced myself to get up and go downstairs. 

I slowly made my way down the staircase and looked out at the couch and kitchen. There was no sign of Michael so I proceeded down the steps. As soon as I turned the corner, I saw Ashton and Calum working out on the deck where the pool was. I headed out the large glass doors and opened one. 

“Hey…” I spoke softly so I wouldn’t startled them. Calum glanced over at me as he did pushups and gave me a friendly smile.

“Good to know you’re not dead,” Ashton grinned and stood up. His body was coated in a layer of sweat and he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Lovely. Seeing him like this reminded me of the confusing thoughts running through my head regarding to my feelings towards him. 

“Thanks,” I laughed softly and sat on one of the lounge chairs.

“Fair warning, Michael texted me about fifteen minutes and he’s on his way back,” Luke informed me, appearing randomly from a corner.

“Thanks,” I bit my lip and looked down at my hands. I knew we needed to talk things out, but I was terrified. When Michael got mad, he was another person and honestly, it scared the shit out of me.

“Yep,” Luke sat in a lounge chair next to me and pulled out his phone. There was too much testosterone around. 

“Was that you that screamed last night?” Calum asked Luke, obviously joking.

“I can’t control myself sometimes,” Luke grinned and nudged my side.

“Shut up,” I mumbled and hid my face in my hands.

“We’re just giving you a hard time,” Calum laughed softly and stepped into the pool up to his knees.

“Are you hungry?” Ashton asked and I nodes slowly. “I’m probably gonna make some lunch or a smoothie or something. You can come with if you want.”

“Yeah, that’d be lovely. Thanks,” I stood up and entered the house through the glass doors again. As soon as I walked into the house, Michael entered. Shit.

“I’ll let you two talk,” Ashton looked at me before biting his lip and heading outside again.

“Hadley…” Michael started to talk but I shook my head to stop him.

“Cut the bullshit, Michael. I’m not buying any of it. I trusted you with all my heart and you go out with some random girl. To make matters worse, you could’ve simply apologized to me last night, but instead you go to her house,” I glared at him and bit my cheek to stop the tears.

“You don’t know that!” He practically yelled his shitty defense at me.

“Yes I do! Luke told me!” I yelled and took a step closer to him. “I’m done with you. You kept all these secrets from me. I’m fucking done. Don’t talk to me again.”

“Get out of my house then,” He glared down at me with an evil look to his eyes.

“No, I’m staying in Ashton’s room and I’m going to make the most of these two weeks that I can,” I quickly pushed past him and headed back up the stairs to Ashton’s room.