Chapter Ten - Part Two

CHAPTER TEN - PART TWO

We sat in the car in silence before Ashton ended up turning on the radio. He had on the alternative station which made me smile. He wasn’t into that sort of thing until I introduced it to him a couple years ago. 

I looked out the window to take in all I could of LA so far. Smog. That’s all I could think of. It was like being surrounded by a huge dust cloud. If I lived there, it would drive me absolutely insane.

“Is it always like this here?” I asked, still staring out the window.

“The traffic?” He kept his eyes on the road. More like the hundreds of cars in front of him.

“Well, yeah. I guess. But I was talking about the smog.”

“The traffic is always bad here, and I have no clue about that. I haven’t been here long enough.” He replied with a glance at him. I nodded and glanced at him as well. Ashton quickly looked back at the road and sighed softly. It had taken us ten minutes to get to the mall, and so far, it had been forty minutes of sitting in the car. 

I let out another sigh and glanced at Ashton. He was wearing my favorite shirt of his. It was a grayish blue with the American flag on it. He had the sleeves rolled up, reveling the tattoos that painted his arms. There was something about them that made Ashton a million times more attractive. My parents were pissed when they found out I was dating Michael because of his ‘edgy’ look. They’d kill me if they saw Ashton’s tattoos and lip piercing now. 

“What?” Ashton glanced at me and chuckled softly.

“Nothing,” I responded, feeling shy all of the sudden. Ashton chuckled again and turned left to get to the house they were staying at. He pulled into the long driveway and drove back to the garage. We both got out and walked into the house. I caught a glimpse of Michael’s bright blue hair and red hair. What the hell? Ashton immediately froze in his tracks. It was like he knew she was. 

I walked further into the house and went into the kitchen. Michael and that random girl both turned around to the sound of me setting my bag down.

“That’s her?” The girl asked and raised her eyebrow in a taunting way.

“Um, what?” I was beyond confused. 

“I’m Claire, Michael’s girlfriend.” Shit. I knew I shouldn’t be jealous, but the way she introduced herself caused my stomach and throat to burn.

“Oh, so you’re the bitch who caused all of this to happen?” I walked in their direction, trying not to look scared.

“Actually, you screwed everything up. I guess the fact that Michael saw how disgusting you were caused him to go over the edge and finally break up with you?”

“One, you were the one fucking my boyfriend while we were together. And two, I broke up with him.” I corrected the dumb bitch as she stood up.

“That’s not what he told me.” She grinned in a very cocky way which sent me over the edge. 

“Claire…” Michael sighed and stood up as well. Claire completely ignored him.

“You fucked up everything for me. I was finally happy with the relationship I was in and you ruined it for me. You are just some random slut that Michael’s going to end up forgetting when he comes home. Don’t waste your time.” I practically spat in her face. 

ASHTON’S POV 

“You fucked up everything for me. I was finally happy with the relationship I was in and you ruined it for me. You are just some random slut that Michael’s going to end up forgetting when he comes home. Don’t waste your time.” Her words killed me. It pretty much reassured me that I was just a rebound. I walked out of the room and went up to mine. 

I kicked my desk chair over and knocked papers, pens, and a cup off my desk. I was fucking trying to fix our relationship and she was fighting over fucking Michael. I heard screaming from downstairs, but at that point I didn’t care enough to go check. Her ‘I still love you, Ashton’ meant total bullshit to me now.

I turned around to find Hadley storming into my room. “Get out,” I warned.

“What?” She stared at me and let out a laugh, thinking I was kidding.

“Get the fuck out of my room. I don’t want to be around you. You lied to me.”

“Ashton, what are you talking about?” She took a step towards me and gently placed her hand on my forearm, but I shook it off.

“Get away,” I warned again. “Get your shit and get out of my room.” She stared at me with glossy eyes.

“Are you mad at me?”

“No shit, Hadley!” I practically yelled at her and shook my head. “You started fighting over Michael with that dumb bitch! You obviously still love him and you lied to me. You said you still loved me but that was total bullshit. You were right, Hadley. You should’ve gone home after you dumped that asshole. Get out of my room and I’ll have Luke or Calum take you to the airport.” 

“Ashton! You have got to be kidding me! I wasn’t fighting over Michael for that reason! I wanted to put Claire in her place. You know that asshole is far behind me. Please just calm down. You know that I love you. I have a special place for you in my heart,” She pleaded and stared at me, almost looking hopeless.

I pushed past her. I guess it was a little too hard. It caused her to lose her balance and fall to the ground. Not again. 

HADLEY’S POV

As I hit the ground, I finally let a tear fall from my eye. He promised me he’d never be violent again, but he didn’t keep his word. The night we had broken up two years ago, Ashton acted violent towards me. It was nothing to serious, but it still scared me enough to not talk to him for two years. 

In a way, this was more painful. His words pierced through my heart like daggers, and the push reminded me of all the reasons we shouldn’t even be in the same building as one another.

“You’re right. I need to leave.” I wiped my eyes and stood up. I started gathering my few things I had gotten out and shoved them into my suitcase. Ashton just stood there, shaking his head.