6. More

"I need more."

Josh looked over to see Tyler slipping into Dallon's temporarily empty seat. As soon as he left to go to the bathroom, Tyler apparently seized the opportunity to strike up a conversation with Josh.

"What?" Josh was oblivious to what Tyler was talking about.

Tyler sighed in annoyance before lowering his voice to a whisper. "I need more pot," he clarified. "Anxiety isn't fun. I haven't been getting any sleep."

He turned and faced Josh better and the other boy almost gasped. Taking in his appearance, he realized just how bad Tyler looked. He looked extremely exhausted and had deep purple circles under his eyes. His leg was bouncing and his whole body was shaking slightly. Josh could tell he was anxiety ridden.

"You seriously smoked all of it?" Josh asked, surprised. "I just gave the bag to you on Friday."

"And I used it all up over the weekend," he deadpanned. "It's been like two days since I ran out and I thought I'd be okay, but I need more."

"I don't have any right now. You'll have to wait until tomorrow after school."

Tyler groaned, so loudly that it caught the attention of his classmates. He ignored them and looked back at Josh tiredly. "I seriously have to wait that long?"

Josh opened his mouth to reply, but saw Dallon walk in and head towards his desk, a confused look on his face. "No, I don't have an extra pen, sorry."

Tyler's mouth twitched slightly before he stood up and walked back over to his desk, hands clenched.

Wide eyed, Dallon sat back in his seat. "What was that about?"

"I guess he's just mad that he forgot his pen? I don't know, he just came over and asked me if I had one," Josh shrugged, opening his notebook to a new page, ready to copy down information about whatever poem Mr. Way decides to talk about next.

"Weird," Dallon muttered, copying Josh's actions and opening his own notebook.

Out of the corner of his eye, Josh saw Tyler's hand drumming on the desk quickly. Suddenly, he stood up, gaining the attention from his classmates. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and quickly walked out of the room, muttering something to himself.

As Tyler was leaving, Mr. Way grabbed the door and walked in. He faced the class with a raised eyebrow. "Does anyone know why Tyler just left. When there's–" the bell rang, interrupting him momentarily. "–scratch that. Does anyone know why he just left?"

Almost instantly, multiple heads turned to look at Josh, his face heating up in embarrassment. He did not like being the center of attention.

"Josh?"

"I have no idea, sir. He just asked me for a pen and that's it," he replied nervously.

Mr. Way sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Okay. It's not like he's here normally," he muttered under his breath. "Turn to page 342 in the textbook and get ready to take notes."

---

"You're Josh, right?"

Josh looked away from Dallon as his eyes slightly widened, seeing Brendon sitting on the other side of their lunch table with a dazzling smile on his face. Josh nodded slowly.

"And you're Dallon?" Brendon asked, facing the taller boy. He nodded as well, but his was more anxious. "I'm Brendon, if you didn't know, but you probably did because according to all the teachers here, I'm obnoxious as fuck," he joked, laughing slightly.

"Um, is there anything you needed? Since y'know you came over here..." Josh trailed off, not wanting to sound rude.

"Well, you guys looked lonely sitting here by yourself and I decided to come join you! Tyler and Hayley are taking forever doing whatever they're doing."

"Oh, actually, Josh and I were just about to head to the library, gotta study for that huge chemistry test!" Dallon declined quickly, grabbing Josh's hand and pulling him out of the seat. He looked over at Brendon and waved apologetically.

"Dal, what was that?" Josh asked, raising an eyebrow as they walked into the library. He was about to reply before they heard a voice behind them.

"Wait! Guys!" The two turned around to see Brendon walking towards them. Dallon cussed under his breath as they waited for him to catch up. "You guys don't mind if I join, right? I could use the study help."

"Well we-"

"Great!" Brendon lead them towards an empty table. Dallon and Josh shared a look before taking a seat at the table and pulling out their books.

"Okay so the test is over-"

"Brendon?"

The three looked up to see a girl walking towards them, a confused look on her face. She sat down at their table and ignored the other two, just looking at Brendon.

"I thought you we were gonna study today during lunch," she reminded him. Josh started at her for a minute before it hit him who she was.

"Sorry, Hayley. Dallon, Josh and I are studying now if you wanna join."

"Oh, sure!" She agreed perkily, grabbing her backpack and taking her own books out.

The four of them went over the the material for about ten minutes until they heard a thump and Brendon let out a cry of pain. Dallon and Josh looked up at him quickly which made him mask the sound with one that sounded more like he was disappointed.

"Oh, my pencil broke. Hey, Dallon, will you come with me to sharpen it?"

"Can't you sharpen it by yourself?"

"Yeah, but that's boring," he explained. Josh motioned for him to go with and Dallon reluctantly followed him over to the pencil sharpener, still looking confused.

"Okay, this is stupid," Hayley said suddenly.

"Chemistry?"

"Well yeah, that class fucking sucks. Me trying to act all innocent is stupid."

"What?"

"Tyler told me you sold him the weed, and I want some."

Josh's heart stopped. "You must have the wrong person," he tried.

"Not gonna work on me, sweetheart. He said you were meeting him after school tomorrow with more, and I want you to bring me some," she repeated. "And I know your friend is oblivious to the fact you're selling it, so I wouldn't drag this out any further and risk him hearing us when they come back."

"Okay," he replied simply, his anxiety rising.

"Thanks, I understand this way better now, Josh!" Hayley chirped. Josh looked up and saw Dallon and Brendon sit back down.

Hayley looked over at Josh while keeping her head faced towards her textbook and winked. Josh gave her a nervous smile in return.

Josh really wasn't having a good Monday.