25. Ditto

"Josh! C'mon!" Tyler laughed as he jogged towards the monkey bars. It was dark out and the moon was illuminating the park that they decided to go to in the late hours of the night.

"What now?" Josh asked when he caught up to his friend.

"Now," Tyler began climbing the rods. "We lay on top and watch the stars."

He watched his friend climb up after him and lay in the empty spot next to him.

It was silent before Josh spoke up.

"What's your biggest secret?"

Tyler pondered for a moment before answering. "There's this person I like. They're amazing and kind and thoughtful. They're strong and brave. All they want is good in the world."

"Do I know this person?" Josh questioned.

"You might," Tyler turned to face him. Josh did the same so that they were nose to nose.

"Can you give me a hint on who it is?" Tyler's eyes flicked down to Josh's moving lips.

"He has dark, curly hair. He's the best big brother I've ever seen. And he's laying right in front of me," Tyler whispered.

"Kiss me," Josh breathed. Tyler complied and closed the gap between them.

"Tyler..."

"Hmm?" he mumbled into the kiss.

"Tyler."

"Hmm?" he repeated.

"Tyler!"

The brunette instantly sat up, blinking at the harshness of the light. When his eyes adjusted he realized that he wasn't in the park in front of Josh, he was in his bed. Tyler looked up and saw an annoyed Zack with his toothbrush in his hand. "Josh's downstairs waiting for you. He said you were riding to school together."

Tyler looked at his clock and saw it was seven thirty. He was technically supposed to be at school by seven forty-five but it was Ditch Day.

"I'm gonna be late!" Tyler pretended to be distressed, jumping out of his bed.

"Shoulda set an alarm," Zack mumbled before walking out, sticking the toothbrush back in his mouth.

Tyler rolled his eyes and shut the door after his brother, relaxing a bit when he was by himself. He went over to his closet and pulled out clothes, quickly changing into them.

After brushing his teeth, running a small amount of gel in his unruly hair, and tying his shoes, he hurried back into his room to get his bag and jacket.

The brunette grabbed the slightly heavier (he's decided to do some of his homework recently) backpack and was about to grab his jacket when he stopped. Setting his bag back down, he went over to his closet and shuffled through it for a second before he pulled out and put on a windbreaker with triangles on the top. The bottom was black, but hey, it had more color than he usually wears.

He took his pack of cigarettes and his lighter off of his nightstand, shoved them into his pocket, and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder.