Chapter 2- Jerks

Chloe's Point of View

We were now waiting in the principal's office while he called our parents. I was quite familiar with how this worked and so did Grayson apparently.

"So we called both of your parents and your mom is on the way," the principal said to Grayson. "But I can't seem to reach your parents," he said to me.

"Shocker," I muttered, rolling my eyes. Grayson looked over at me and frowned. I ignored him and pulled out my phone to check the family calendar.
"They went to New York according to their calendar," I said dryly.

"Well who is taking care of you?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Myself I guess."

He gave me a pitiful look just as a women suddenly a burst in and rushed over to Grayson.

"I can't believe you, here I am at work and I get a call saying my son was in a fight, with a girl," she said shaking her head. "I raised you better than this."

"Now ma'am we need to discuss-" the principal started to say, but she ignored him and turned to me.

"Dear are you okay? I'm so sorry my son did this," she said apologetically.

"Oh, uh it's okay, I'm fine," I said a little taken back. Why was she being so kind to me? In all honestly, I thought Grayson looked way worse than me. I just had a cut on my cheek but he had a bruise forming on his arm, a rip in his shirt, and a bloody nose.

"Okay look I've decided to let Mr. Robin pick the punishment since he was the one who found you two fighting." With that the principal left and Mr. Robin came in.

"Okay so since Chloe already has detention every day until February and since Grayson is the quarterback and can't miss football practice, I decided to be kind and instead of serving some sort of detention you two are going to write about each other and turn it in by the last day of school."

Grayson stared at her. "Why do you have detention until the February?" he asked her.

I ignored him. "Is that it? Can I go?" I asked.

Mr. Robin nodded and I immediately left. I started the long walk home. Alison normally drove us both around, without here here, I couldn't drive the car. It felt wrong. As I got closer to my house, I stopped to get coffee. As I waited I saw two very important looking people, typing away on their laptops. I went over and tapped on their shoulders.

"So you get a call from my school saying to pick me up because I was hurt badly in a fight but instead of picking up your now only daughter, you come to a Starbucks because coffee is now more important than me too?"

"We had a meeting with a new interest group, it took priority over our trip, that's why we're here," her mother explained.

"It took priority over me too, huh?" I asked bitterly.

"You're seventeen-years-old, you can take care of yourself. We need to focus on work right now," my dad said.

"I was hurt in that fight," I said angrily. "I had to walk all the way here because I don't drive, the least you could do is show a little concern."

"Chloe you shouldn't be fighting in school," my dad chastised.

I stood there shocked at their lack of concern. "Whatever why do I even bother?" I muttered. I left the coffee shop without as much as a goodbye. I started the walk home and just as I got to the gate a car rolled up to me and Grayson's mom was in the driver's seat, with a little girl in the backseat, and to my dismay, so was Grayson.