Chapter 7- Fights

Grayson's Point of View

After school, Gavin dropped me off at home and I had barely set one foot in the door, when I got yelled at.

"Grayson Matthews! What happened to your face?" Mom yelled.

"Mommy he painted it blue!" Julia said.

"Someone punched me," I mumbled, I didn't think it was that bad, but it must have looked a lot worse as Julia looked away in disgust as I sat down.

"Sit down and let me look at it," my mom said. I sighed and took a seat at the table. She examined my jaw and once she decided the nurse had done a good job cleaning it up, she just shook her head sadly.

"What happened? Did this happen in football?"

"No before."

"Who was it?"

"Someone," I mumbled.

"Who, Grayson?" My mom demanded.

"Chloe," I said finally.

"That poor girl whose sister died that you already got in a fight with?"

"The very same."

"It was your fault wasn't it?" she said disappointedly.

"How did you-"

"I know girls Gray, they don't punch for no reason." My mom said cutting me off.

"I'd make you apologize, but I know you have to see her tomorrow anyway."

"Don't remind me. We were supposed to meet for that stupid essay, but I don't know how to reach her, we never exchanged phone numbers and she stormed off after she punched me," I said.

"Well did you really expect her to hang around after clocking you in the jaw?"

"This sucks," I groaned as I went for my room.

I woke up around seven and rushed to get ready, I got to the kitchen and I saw Gavin waiting for me.

"You're mom left already, she thought it was fair punishment for hurting Chloe," he said eating the breakfast my mom had left for me.

"I didn't hurt her."

"Dude, I was there."

I sighed, I couldn't help but feel a little guilty as we approached the school. When we arrived we went to homeroom and sat down.

"Dude, do you have Chloe's number?"

"No why?" Gavin asked.

"Because I need to talk to her," I said.

"Well she's right there, Gray." He said motioning behind him. I looked over and sure enough she was there.

"No way, she hates me, please you ask," I begged.

"No way dude, she'll bite my head off."