Chapter 6- Just Great

Chloe's Point of View

I woke up on Monday morning, late as usual and got ready. I brushed my brown hair into a messy bun and grabbed my jeans and put on a Nirvana t-shirt and my leather jacket. I quickly went downstairs and ate breakfast and got on my motorcycle and headed towards the school.

When I arrived no one was in the parking lot, meaning I was late. I groaned and went to my locker, I checked the Monday schedule, everyone was in homeroom. That was the one class I couldn't sneak into as there was no backdoor. I sighed and waited on a bench outside until the bell rang and then went to the Spanish room.

When I arrived, I sat in the back and put my earbuds in. The bell rang and Grayson made eye contact with me and rolls his eyes. I looked away and rolled my eyes too, if he wanted to ignore me, well two can play that game.

I liked it better when no one noticed me. Sure, I had no friends but it also meant I didn't have to deal with all the drama. I got through Spanish and went to Math. I sucked at all my subjects, but especially math. It's not that I didn't like it, it just never made sense.

I walked in and again sat in the back, but near the back window this time. I looked outside and kept my earbuds in. The teacher started class but I ignored him, I start sketching the outside scenery making a mental reminder to paint it later. After awhile the teacher handed out worksheets and said to work with our partners to finish it.

"Uh well uh," the guy next to me started stuttering.

"Whatever just finish it with someone else," I muttered and he immediately scrambled up and sat next to someone else. I rolled my eyes and went back to the sketch. When the bell rang, I picked my stuff up and almost make it out until I hear the teacher call my name.

"Chloe, a word?"

I sighed and turned around. "Yes?"

"Look Chloe, I know it's October and you still have time to fix your grades, but I'm telling you now, I've talked to other teachers and at the rate you're going you aren't going to be able to graduate," the teacher explained.

He looked for a change in my facial expression but I remained stoic.

"Chloe, all of your teachers think you are capable of more, and I do too. I understand there a lot of outside circumstances but I hope you know that we are here to help you and want you to thrive."

I felt embarrassed, so I just stared at the ground. Finally, he let me go and so left. I knew I was capable of more, I was just so exhausted I wanted to get away from all of this.

I went to History and took a seat in the back once again. I took out my notebook end up continuing the sketch from earlier. The teacher was an old guy who didn't care what we did and honestly wanted to be at school just as much as I did.

After English which was completely boring, I headed to lunch, normally I would sit in the art room with Mr. Blaise, but today I sat outside and continued the sketch. After awhile a bunch of football players come out and surrounded me. I sat in my spot not caring what they wanted. After a minute one of the idiots started talking.

"So are you as good in bed as your sister?" One of them asked. I remained calm even though I had curled my hand into fists.

"Nah man she's just a loser wannabe," another said.

Then Grayson had the nerve to open his mouth. "You both got it wrong she's just a bitch."