Chapter 24- The Parents

Chloe's Point of View

I had just gotten my suitcase when Grayson called. I had spent the winter break with Scott and Emily and their two lovely children. I hadn't seen Grayson in over a month, so when he had offered to pick me up from the airport my heart leaped with joy.

"Hi," I said excitedly when I answered the phone.

"Hey," he said. "Turn around."

I couldn't help but smile as I turned around and saw him. I ran into his arms and he kissed me.

"I missed you," I mumbled against his lips.

"I missed you more," he said smiling. He took my suitcase for me and we walked to his car.

Even though we had talked everyday of the break, I had missed him so much. I wanted nothing more than to fly back and spend the break with him but Grayson encouraged me to stay with my family since I could.

"How was your break?" I asked.

"It was good, I spent some time with my mom and Julia, we had Christmas together. I hung out with my dad and Jane and her kids too," he replied.

"That's nice," I said. "Did Julia like her present?" I asked.

Grayson smiled. "Yeah, a little too much, she keeps asking me to play in her castle with her, I don't think she realizes how big I am."

I smiled. I had given her the play castle Ali and I had when we were little. After stepping into my old room with Grayson that day, I had learned to deal with my emotions when it came to Ali. I spent a lot of time going through out old stuff now.

"How was Seattle?" he asked.

"It was fun, it was nice to spend time with Scott," I admitted. "Sarah and Cayden are so adorable."

"I missed you," he admitted.

"Me too," I said smiling. "It sucks I came back on a Sunday, I wanted to spend some of the break with you."

"At least we'll be in class together," he pointed out.

When we got to my house, Grayson came in with me.  I was surprised the door was unlocked, that could only mean one thing.

"My parents are home," I mumbled.

"They didn't tell you?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I haven't talked to them since before break."

Grayson frowned.

"Don't look like that," I said. "My relationship with my parents is too broken to fix."

"I know but it sucks, Chloe you deserve good parents," he said quietly.

"It's okay," I mumbled. I looked over at him. "You can leave if you want, my parents are not the most welcoming people."

Grayson raised his eyebrows. "Do you want me to leave?"

"I just don't want them to be rude to you," I explained.

"It's okay, besides shouldn't I introduce myself to them?" he asked.