Chapter 26- The Essays

Chloe's Point of View

"I don't know what to do Kendall."

"Well I give up," she said throwing her hands up in frustration. We were currently at my house and we were waiting for Gavin who was getting the pizza. It had been two days since my talk with Grayson on the bleachers and I was trying to figure out what was going between him and I and what to even do.

"Kendall," I whined. "That's not helpful."

"Look you obviously like each other so swallow your pride and listen to each other," she said looking through her bag. "Honestly it's like watching two little kids fight," she said applying lipgloss.

"Huh?"

"Okay well from what I'm hearing you both are either too scared or too proud to talk and listen, if you want to get back with him just go call him."

"Why should I? I called almost a hundred times first and I admitted I was wrong, this is on him, " I said crossing my arms.

"Because Chloe, this is the way relationships work you have to listen, you have to understand what the other is going through. How do you think Grayson felt when he found you didn't tell him about RISD? That's what you have to understand before you can get mad."

I sighed. "No wonder you and Gavin never fight."

She smiled. "He's so perfect," she said dreamily. I threw a pillow from the bed at her.

"Hey you and Grayson could be perfect too if you just listened to each other."

I sighed and went back on the computer. I had finished my essay on Grayson awhile ago, and now that we were fighting I wanted to turn it in before I got really angry and decided to change something. I thought I had already printed a copy but I couldn't find it anywhere. By the time I had printed it, the buzzer rang, after grabbing my essay from the printer I put it away, and went to unlock the gate for Gavin.

A couple minutes later he came in and put sodas and the pizza on my desk. He and Kendall then practically ran out of the room. I was about to follow and ask why they were leaving when someone shoved Grayson into the room and I heard something scrape against the floor. I tried to open the door but there was a chair jammed under the doorknob.

"Work it out guys," I heard Gavin shout.

"Seriously?" I shouted.

"You have food, soda, and you have a connecting bathroom, you're fine," Kendall yelled back.

I looked over at Grayson who was looking anywhere but me. We stayed like that for awhile, I was on the bed staring blankly at the wall, and Grayson was sitting at my desk looking at the floor. I so badly wanted to run my hand through his dirty blonde hair and make him smile again. He caught me looking at him and finally came over and sat next to me on the bed.

"I should've tried to hear you out," he said.

"I should've told you how I felt," I said.

"Communication," he stated. "We got to get better at it."

"Maybe Kendall was right," I murmured. "We don't listen to each other."

"I'm sorry for freaking about RISD you had a reason and I should've tried to understand it before getting mad," he said apologizing sincerely.

"Yeah, but I should've told you in the first place," I said.

It grew quiet again as we both stared at the floor.