Chapter 21- Restored

Grayson's Point Of View

After Chloe's party that neither of us actually attended. I tried my best to change my ways. I let go of my grudge with my dad and we now had a much better relationship. I even texted and hung out with Connor, Matt, and Mark more. I played with Julia more, I helped my mom out, even though she wouldn't let me get a job, I helped her out at home in whatever way I could. Even at school, Mr. Blaise had been kind of enough to let transfer into the art program. I had applied to a few colleges as well. There was even art scholarships the he was helping me apply to.

Chloe had helped me too, she was the first person I let see my art projects. Not even my mom or Gavin saw them before her. We had started talking again and were on good terms, however, I had yet to acknowledge that I was friends with her in front of Macy and the other popular kids.

I wasn't like I was trying to avoid telling them. Macy had just stopped bothering Chloe after the mural fiasco. All the students who had been in front of the mural were caught on camera, thankfully I had been standing at the exit so I wasn't in trouble. The whole thing had made Macy stay away from Chloe though, that was until today.

Chloe typically spent her lunch period in the art room and on most days Kendall and Gavin joined her. Today, as I went to the cafeteria, I saw Macy walking over to Chloe. I made eye contact with Chloe who looked uncharacteristically calm. Especially compared to Macy who was shooting daggers at her with her eyes.

"Oh look who it is," Macy said. "You ever hear the saying snitches get stitches?"

Some of the guys looked at Chloe expecting her to react, yet she didn't. Chloe remained calm and composed, I guess I was not the only one changing a couple weeks ago she would've punched Macy by now. She finally started to move around Macy to get to the art room, but Macy stomped her foot angrily.

"Don't just just walk away from me! Macy said angrily.

Chloe looked at her and sighed. "What do you need me to guide you to the cafeteria or better yet straight out of my life?"

Macy looked mad. "Just go join Ali already!" she said infuriated.

Chloe looked sick, I saw her fists clench. Immediately the hallway went silent, the guys stopped laughing and looked at Macy, we all knew she went too far, yet still, no one said anything. Chloe looked at me once again. I felt bad, why wasn't anyone going to stand up for her?

Macy smirked in satisfaction seeing as she got the reaction she wanted. She started to walk towards the cafeteria, and silently, everyone followed. Yet, I stayed rooted in my place unsure of what to do.

"Coming Gray?" Macy asked me.

I looked between Chloe and Macy and locked eyes with Chloe. Suddenly I realized who I really cared about. I remembered who drove me home and helped me realize what's important and how to be a better person. Before I could even have a chance to change my mind I turned my back on Macy and walked to Chloe and grabbed her hand and together we walked to the Art room.

Once we were inside I looked over at Chloe. She looked absolutely stunned at my decision. "What didn't think I would really change?" I asked smirking slightly.

"No, I had faith in you, I just didn't know when," she said smiling, "but I knew you would."

I grinned at her, because deep down I knew she was right.