Chapter 36

The nightmares have come back. Uriah stays with me each night, afraid I'll break down.
The gang refused me going to school for the week so I've been home, with Uri, planning the funeral.
Caleb and I did our parents funeral so I know what I'm doing. God, I wish Caleb was here, then I wouldn't have to be planning his funeral or any funeral.
The funeral is on Sunday and it's Saturday night. Everything is planned and ready, except me.

I scream and bolt up in bed. Just another nightmare, just another nightmare.
"Hey, it's okay. Just another nightmare." Uriah tells me as he wraps his arms around my shaking body.
"You're safe. You're with me." I rest my head against his chest and start controlling my breathing.
"I love you."
"I love you too. Now try going back to sleep, it's 3:30 AM." I nod and close my eyes with his arms around me.

My eyes flutter open to the morning light coming through my curtains. Today's the day.
"Morning beautiful, breakfast is ready." Uriah says, coming through my door.
I smile at him and get out of bed, following him to the kitchen.
"How many eggs?" He asks.
"Two."
"How many pieces of toast?"
"1 please." He hands me my breakfast and then gets his own.
"I'll be with you the whole time today."
"Thank you." I kiss his cheek.
After breakfast we head up to my bedroom and get ready. I go into my shower and Uri goes in another.
The shower relaxes all my tense muscles and wakes me up a bit.
I change into black tights, a black dress and black ankle boots. I add a few accessories which are black heart earrings, black bracelets and a black bag.
I put my hair into lose curls and add light pink lip gloss.
"Tris, you ready?" Uri pops his head in as I walk out of the bathroom. I grab his hand and lead us both to the elevator, heading down to the first floor as Zeke is picking everyone up.
"Tris, don't keep everything inside. This week you've been trying to be strong but today isn't about that. Don't keep your feelings in." Uriah looks me in the eye as he says this.
I nod and wrap my arms around him, giving him a tight hug.
We hear two honks, telling us that Zeke is here.
"Hello." The gang says as we get in Zeke's car.
"Hi."
We drive to the funeral place in silence. The gang sneaking glances at me, thinking I don't see.
Once we arrive, I see everyone's already there. I decided to make the funeral as little as possible. So I invited the little family I have left (1 uncle and Aunty), Caleb's friends, the gang and Susan, Robert and their parents (family friends).
"Beatrice!" Susan yells. Susan was Caleb's "friend". They always insisted they weren't anything else but Robert, Susan's brother, and I knew better.
Susan and Robert walk over to me and the gang.
"Hi Susan, Robert." I give them both hugs.
"How are you? Susan asks.
"As can be expected." I answer looking at my feet.
"Oh um, these are my friends. Zeke, Shauna, Four, Marlene, Will, Christina, Lynn and my boyfriend Uriah." I introduce.
"And guys these two are family friends Susan and Robert."
They all say hello and decide to sit down. Uriah and I sit at the front with my Aunty and Uncle with the rest of the gang behind us.
"We are here today to celebrate the life of Caleb Prior." The priest starts. I grab Uri's hand and take a deep breathe.

"Now we will have Caleb's sister, Tris say a few words and sing a song for Caleb." I squeeze Uri's hand and head up the front with the speech I had wrote earlier.
"Caleb was not only my brother but my best friend. He helped me through some very tough times and we've been through some terrible times together. From fighting bullies to loosing our parents, he's always been there for me and I wish I could of told him how much I appreciated it more. Caleb was pretty much a genius, an erudite, he went from Erudite Elementary School to Erudite College. Um Caleb and my mother were the first ones to ever hear me sing and they helped me get more confident with myself. They always said that they loved me and my voice so today I'm going to sing a song I wrote."

We know full well there's just time
So is it wrong to dance this line?
If your heart was full of love
Would you give it up?

Cause what about, what about Angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up
Don't give......me up

How unfair, it's just our luck
Found something real that's out of touch
But if you'd search the whole wide world
Would you dare to let it go?

Cause what about, what about angles
They will come, they will go, make us special

Don't give me up
Don't give.....me up

Cause what about, what about angles
They will come, they will go, make us special

It's not about, not about angles, angles

(All rights go to Birdy)

I finish the song with tears pouring down my face. I can't do this, I can't. My knees suddenly become weak and give out. I start shaking violently and clamp a hand over my mouth to keep in a scream. Uriah comes and picks me off the floor but I reach out to Caleb's coffin and start struggling.
"No! Caleb!" I start yelling.
"Let me go! I can't leave him!" My head starts pounding. I'm suddenly huddled into Uri's chest with him trying to comfort me.
"Shh. It's gonna be okay." He whispers, rubbing my back.
"I'll be here for you, forever." I cling onto his shirt, making it wet but he doesn't say anything. Uriah continues to rub my back as I cry, my eyes drying up.
"I need to say goodbye." I sniff. He nods and stands me up.
"Want me to come?" He asks and I nod. I grab his and and line up behind everyone else who's saying goodbye.
When it's my turn I grab onto Uriah's hand tightly and walk up to the coffin.
I kneel down, looking at his cold body. Tears blur my vision but I blink them away.
"Caleb, I miss you so much and I forever will. I know our family isn't religious but I do believe you can hear me, some how. Thank you for everything you have done. I love you so much. Goodbye for now Caleb." A sob escapes my mouth. Uriah and I start to walk out as I clutch onto him for support. No one is watching Caleb be buried as I decided to burry him in LA, next to our parents.
Zeke drives us home and I spend the rest of the day crying into Uri's chest.

Hi pancycakes!!
I'm visiting family for two weeks so I won't be able to update everyday but I will definitely try to update.
See you next time💗