4

Lunch time came fast the next day. Flynn and I had been waiting all day for a text from our dad saying he was at his meeting.

First period, french, we had a review over everything we learned last year. In order to graduate you need to have completed, and passed, two years of a language class. We have Spanish, German, Russian and French. Flynn, Carter, Paul, Josh and I all chose French last year, our junior year. Only last year we were all in the same class. This year Josh isn't in our class. Tom decided to take Russian his first year but ended up dropping it at taking German, where he's been in for three years, this year makes four.

Math went okay, same as yesterday. We finished the review test we started yesterday. Then Mrs. Teutel handed out what math subject we would be doing. Paul and both got Geometry, and the others in the class got either Algebra or Algebra two. Paul and I did those our Sophomore and Junior years. Freshman year we did pre-geometry.

That brings us to lunch, where we are all sitting at our table talking and eating. Flynn's phone went off and he nudged me. I looked over and read the text from our dad with him. Our dad left this morning to get on a plane. According to his text his meeting was in Los Angeles and his plane had landed and he was heading over to his hotel room. We smiled at each other knowing what to do to night. I gave the others, who had stopped talking and were looking at Flynn and I, a look and they took their lunch trays off the table. Tom reached over and removed mine. They moved back away from the table with their trays on their laps.

I jumped up on the table, making a few kids around the cafeteria look at me. I glanced at the teacher who was on lunch time duty. It was Mrs. Birde. She was seventy two years old and she would always take her hearing aids out when sh ate, that way she as a quiet lunch.

"Everyone!" I shouted making everyone look my way. "It's that time of year again. When we host the welcome back to school party." I glanced down at Flynn for a second. "Party will be at the Cannon residence at four sharp."

"Why so early!?" Someone asked.

"It's our last year after this year we wont have anymore welcome back to school parties. Do the math. So come one, come all. Damn I sound like i work at a carnival" People laughed. I went to jump back down off the table, when a thought went through my mind. "Bring your own drinks, we will not be supply any." I jumped down and every one in the cafeteria started clapping and shouting. Everyone loved our parties. I sat back down and we started to eat again.

"So whats the plan for tonight?" Josh asked.

"Well the party is at four, so that leaves an hour for you guys to go home, change, get a change of clothes then come over." Flynn told them.

"Tom feel free to drink tonight. You wont be bringing anyone home and you'll be sleeping over" I told him.

"I might take you up on that offer" He laughed.

"So you want us to bring any drinks?" Paul asked.

"Yes" Flynn and I said. "Bring whatever you want to drink' Flynn finished.

"This should be fun" Carter laughed. I could see her tonight, she's going to be one of the first girls completely wasted and she's going to be off in some corner with a guy from the basketball team, or a guy from the track team. I'm not calling Carter a slut, no way, that's just what always happens. Besides how can a virgin be a slut? And shes my bestie I'd never let some idiot take her virginity like that, no matter how drunk I am, I always have an eye on her. I wish someone would have been watching me that night I lost it...to Paul.

Everything always happens between Paul and I and I really hate it. Sure he's good looking but there's just no spark, no connection. He's more like a brother. That night was a stupid mistake on both our parts, we never speak of it. The others know about it and they too don't mention it.