38

"Ow!" I cried out in pain.

"Shh" Jake cooed. "It will be over in a minute"

"It hurts!" I said on the veg of tears.

"I know" He smirked, reaching over me to grab something.

It went on like this for awhile, me crying out in pain as Jake tried to calm me down.

"Take it out! Take it out!" I whimpered.

"I'm trying" He chuckled. Pain was all I felt. "It's out" I breathed again. "Seriously Savannah how do you get a splinter from bumping into a bench at the park?" He asked chuckling again.

"It jumped in front of me!" I replied sticking my tongue out at him.

****

April brought lots of rain. Only two more months of school, until we graduated. The first day of April vacation brought fun and games for Flynn and I, since we were stuck at the house. We would spend most of the day across the street playing ball with Noah.

Matt was gone, leaving after our father came home. They cried and hugged. I didn't think Dad would ever let Matt go. After a couple days Matt decided to head back down to where he lived. Before he left he made sure to stop by and see Jake. He played the big brother roll saying if he hurt me something would happen.

We only had a week of vacation and Flynn and I planned to enjoy it. Paul would be spending most of his time with Raine. Josh was working, to make money for who knows what. And surprisingly Tom and Carter got together and were now a couple.

Dad was home for this vacation, fully. He wasn't leaving till the middle of next week. Just because he was home, didn't mean he wasn't working. He was surrounded by paper work.

Our second day of vacation started off good, until Jake stuck his head into his living room, where Flynn and I where playing a board game with Noah, and said. "How's your senior projects coming along?"

"What?" I asked. Jake flashed me a knowing smirk while Flynn laughed.

"You know the project you have to do in order to graduate."

"What about it?" I asked.

"Your written paper wasn't turned in to me"

"Oh that's because you don't have it."

"It's due when we go back to school. I need to grade it"

"You wont be getting our papers." Flynn laughed.

"Why not. I'm your English teacher."

"They might think you gave us good grades because you live next to us"

"So who has you're papers?"

"Mr. Norton has mine" Flynn smiled proudly. "The school knows we don't get along, even if he is married to my cousin."

I looked Jake dead is the eyes. "Mitchel has mine"

"They wont give your paper to me? But they will Mitchel. Can't they see he's obsessed with you."

"And you're not? Uncle Jake?" Noah asked from where he was sitting on the ground.

"Obsession is for people that want what they can't have. I on the other hand have Savannah and love her every much." He walked over has he spoke and kissed the top of my head."My dear, dear nephew." He leaned down besides Noah. "There will be a time where you fall for a girl, and love her as much as I love Savannah. You will be in this crazy thing called love" Jake reached over and ruffled Noah's blonde hair.