Chapter 1

Caelan was facing a huge, nasty Level 4 demon, as he got the call. Cursing, he shot another platinum bullet at the roaring creature, before he picked up.

"What's up?" he asked, still pointing his gun at the demon.

"Hey Cae, it's Reaver." a rough voice replied.

"I guessed that much." Caelan told him with a grin. "Willow's voice is way sweeter."

"You'd bet!" Reaver replied and laughed.

The Level 4 demon meanwhile didn't like being ignored like that at all and launched himself at Caelan. With an "Oh sh*t!", Caelan threw himself to the left and shot two platinum bullets at the demon. The bullets hit the demon right in the chest and threw him back a little bit. Barely enough for Caelan to get back on his feet.

"Hey, Cae!" Reaver's voice yelled from the phone. "Still fighting?!"

"Shut up!" Caelan cursed. "I got him."

Slowly, he approached the twitching demon, his gun in one hand and his cellphone in the other one. Surprisingly, the creature was still alive, even though its body was pierced by countless bullet holes by now.

"A tough one..." Caelan murmured.

"Hey Cae.. Finish him and come back. We've got to talk." Reaver told him seriously.

"I'm having my quality time here, Reaver..." Caelan huffed and pointed his gun towards the demon's ugly head. "What's important enough to call me back?"

"Sara and Thancred died."

"Oh sh*t!" Caelan cursed and then, he shot.

~+~+~+~

Team Zero once consisted of five people. One was Caelan, doing the dirty work on the streets as Catcher. With his athletic body, his most useful skill was his speed. Reaver was also a Catcher. He was a giant of a man and his skill was strength. No wonder, with all his muscles. The third Catcher was Thancred, the brain of the squad. Even though he had no particularly strong athletic skills, his intelligence had saved their asses more than once. The other two members of Team Zero were Willow and Sara. Willow was an Engineer, maintaining all their weapons and stuff. And Sara was a Medic. After a fight, she'd always patch the Catchers up.

17 years ago though, Sara and Thancred had left the team. Everyone knew, they were a couple and it never was a problem to anyone. But then, Sara got pregnant. And suddenly, they couldn't take the risk of fighting demons anymore. Thus, Team Zero was left with three remaining members.

Without a medic, their fights had become hard, but somehow, they always managed. And without Thancred, they had to rely on brute strength instead of brain, which also somehow worked. But it wasn't the same anymore. Team Zero was split.

~+~+~+~

Caelan pulled his motorbike into the huge garage, which served as their headquarter. Not exactly a villa but it served its purpose. There was enough space for at least two cars and a few motorbikes. One corner was occupied by an old but comfortable couch, a few armchairs and a table. There also was a small kitchen unit with a coffee machine and a frigde which was mostly occupied by beer and instant food.

One wall was completely covered with safes which stored their weapons. One could find almost everything there. From swords to submachine guns, from bazookas to daggers, for every demon type was at least one weapon available. There also were different types of ammunition: tranquilizer bullets, explosive bullets, platinum bullets and much more. In front of the safes were two tables, almost buried by even more weapons.