Chapter 18

Even though she had a day off, Willow couldn't really relax. There was simply too much going on these days. And thus, she was up as soon as the sun climbed the sky and drove towards the headquarter. Surely, the men would be happy about some breakfast and so she stopped by at Starbucks and got some bagels and coffee. Humming happily, she walked into the garage while carrying a mountain of food. But surely, she didn't expect the following scene, which presented itself to her right then. With his back to her, Leon knelt in front of the couch and was busy unwrapping some bandages around his wrists. Even from such a distance, she could recognize the bloody crosses on the white skin and her eyes widened.

"Leon..." she breathed and went pale.

"Ah!" the boy gasped and spun around. Surely, he didn't expect to see her either.

"You're the one... you bear the stigmata..." she needlessly stated and slowly stepped closer. "But... how? I didn't know! Does Cae?"

"He knows." Leon replied softly, not really sure what else to say. After all, he had broken her trust and kept this a promise from her. He didn't want her to find out the truth like this. Actually, after talking vwith Nabil and Li Yuen, Leon had planned to speak with everyone else during the next day. And he wanted to consult Caelan first. Now, that wasn't an option anymore.

With two big steps, Willow walked over to him and pulled him into a tight embrace. "You should have told us, you dummy!" she complained and small tears sparkled in her eyes. "We could have helped you!"

"I don't think there's anything, that can 'help'..." Leon sighed, nonetheless he leaned into her embrace. "You're carrying way too much of a burden already."

"Oh Honey..." Willow sighed and patted his head. "That doesn't mean we can't be by your side and support you." Then, her eyes fell on Nabil and Li Yuen, who still sat on the couch. A few moments ago, Leon had wanted to show them the stigmata, but they got interrupted by Willow. Immediately, she glared at them.

"We already know the facts." Li Yuen stated. "We're on his side."

"There are no sides except from Demons and Hunters." Nabil pointed out. "At least there shouldn't be any other side."

"You know pretty well that the council will do to him, once they get their hands on him!" Willow hissed and hugged Leon like a Mama cat her little kitten.

"We won't let it come that far." Nabil assured her. "It's also in our interest, that Leon stays safe. What he does with the power bestowed upon him... he will decide."

"And you're supposed to be spies of the council?" she asked and raised one eyebrow.

"You guessed that much?" Li Yuen grinned.

"I'm not stupid." Willow huffed. "And I'm not truly convinced, you're trustworthy. But time will prove it..."

"Uh... Willow...?" Leon muttered.

"Yes, Honey?" she asked.

"You're... suffocating me." the boy admitted and a faint blush, for everyone else invisible, formed on his cheeks. Actually, since Willow hugged him so tightly, his face was pressed right against her (thank god!) t-shirt-covered breasts.

"Oh dear!" she called out and quickly let him go. "We can't have that! My... maybe I should do Reaver the favor instead..."

"I'm sure, he'd love it." Leon commented dryly.

"Love what?" asked the big man, who entered the garage just now. Behind him, there was Caelan and once again, he was covered in lots of blood. Not his own, thank god, since Leon recognized the darker shade of the liquid.

"Getting an allround face-to-breast squeeze." the boy chuckled, while he walked over to his blackhaired hunter. "Everything okay?" he asked quietly, while Reaver was busy hiding his blush and talking with Willow.

"It went okay. Not well, but at least okay." Caelan replied and smiled at him. "No casualties at least." But then, his eyes fell on Leon's wrists, where blood was dropping down by now. "Hey!" he called out and grabbed Leon's shoulders.

"Ah! I forgot to wrap them up again..." Leon sighed and looked away. "No worries... they found out already. And it seems, they're on our side. That's what they say at least."

"You've been careless!" Caelan scolded him with a serious expression. "What if they had sold you out to the council? I wouldn't be able to protect you anymore!"

"Yes... I'm sorry..." Leon sighed again, his expression down. "And... Willow also found out."

"Oh... was she furious?" Caelan asked. Somehow, the thought seemed to amuse him.

"Quite... she buried my face in her breasts..." Leon muttered and again, a faint blush formed on his cheeks.

"Oh? So I take it was nice?" Caelan raised one eyebrow.

"Don't talk nonsense..." Leon huffed. "I'm not into her. That's Reavers territory. And by the way, I'd rather be buried in... ah!" he quickly shut his mouth with his hands.

"Be buried in what exactly?" Caelan smirked.

"Hmpf..." Leon huffed and quickly hurried off to the medic room. He had to wrap up his wrists, otherwise he would bleed on the whole floor. And he certainly didn't want to give Caelan an opportunity to ask about his words again. That would be way too embarrassing!

But now that he thought about it... his mind wandered off and he imagined how it would feel to bury his face in the small gap between Caelan's shoulder and neck. To inhale his scent... to let his tongue taste the skin, while his fingers explored other areas.

Quickly, Leon shook his head to shrug those thoughts off. Dangerous territory! Right now, he had to focus on the stigmata problem and the demons, not on some hot fantasies about an incredibly sexy blackhaired demon hunter. Okay, he admitted it! Caelan way sexy. He was goddamn sexy! And now off to the medic work!!!

After at least half an hour later, when Leon finally managed to wrap up his wrists and calm down his mind, he walked back into the garage. Everyone, including the newcomers from the council were gathered around the couch table. And according to Reaver's expression, Caelan had told him everything. Well... it was only fair. Nabil and Li Yuen knew, Willow found out, Caelan also knew... it would be wrong to keep only Reaver in the dark.

"Hey..." Leon greeted them a little bit uneasy.

"Leon, come sit down!" Willow called him and smiled. "We're dicsussing the current situation right now."

As he was told, Leon sat down on the couch beside Caelan and the hunter squeezed his hand lightly. "No worries..." he murmured, his lips touching Leons ear.

"Uhmm... about the stigmata..." Leon hesitated. Actually, he didn't even decide, how he would deal with the whole thing yet.

"Take your time." Willow firmly ordered. "We know it must be a huge shock to discover something like this. God, I wouldn't be able to completely comprehend it after even a year... Get used to the situation and then, decide what you will do."

Leon gave her a thankful look, then he looked around to get a hint of everyone else's opinion. They were all smiling encouraging and Nabil also gave him a small nod. Apparently, they had been talking about this, while he was off to the medic room. They would support him, no matter what.

"Thanks..." he said softly. "As Willow said, my mind's been going in circles like crazy ever since those signs developed. Yet, I simply can't come up with a solution..."

"We'll figure it out together." Caelan told him and gently squeezed his hand again. "But no secrets, promise?"

"Promise." Leon nodded and smiled at him. But would he be able to keep it...?