Chapter 8

The sound of a ringing cellphone echoed through the room, until a hand popped out from under the blanket and felt for the source of the noise. Then, the phone was pulled under the blanket and a voice muttered: "Yes..?"

"Reev? It's me." Caelan's voice called out. "You awake?"

"Nahh... not until you woke me up..." Reaver grumpily replied and struggled his way out from under the blanket.

"Ah, sorry dude..." Caelan replied with only a hint of guilt. "Wouldn't have called if it wasn't urgent."

"Nahh... no worries..." Reaver sighed and sat up in the bed. "What's wrong?"

"Well..." Caelan suddenly hesitated.

"C'mon, don't play the shy guy now." Reaver's lips curled into a grin. "Tell me what's wrong or let me go back to sleep. Got some quite persistent Level 3's this night..."

"Okay okay..." Caelan sighed. "Then... did Leon call you? Or is he by any chance with you?"

"Leon?" Reaver was truly surprised. "No, why would he. He's with you, right?"

"Actually... No." Caelan admitted. "I fear I've done something to chase him out..."

"He's gone?!" Now, that woke Reaver up completely. "Have you called Willow already?"

"No, I wanted to call you first. She tents to yell first and ask later..." Cae admitted uncomfortably.

"True." Reaver laughed slightly. "So, what did you do then?"

There was silence for a moment, and then Caelan let out a deep sigh. "Actually I had some... rather nice dreams this night."

"Hey, dude, wait!" Reaver suddenly called out. "I don't want to hear about your porn imaginations!"

"Well, you won't..." Caelan huffed annoyed. "It's merely the reason, why I did what I did."

"And what did you do...?" Reaver asked slowly, loads of not so pleasant ideas forming in his head already.

"I accidentally grabbed Leon and kissed him, when he came into my room." Caelan sighed deeply. He wouldn't admit, that his 'nice dreams' also had been about the boy.

"A kiss?" Reaver raised one eyebrow, which Caelan couldn't see of course. "You woke me up merely because of a kiss? Here I've been worrying, what you did and you merely kissed him?!"

"Hey! It's not like I go around kissing minors all day!" Cae complained. "And you're the only male person close to me, so you should be considerate and listen to my problems..."

"Calm down... I've been joking." Reaver laughed. "But you really gave me a scare there... Be happy it was just a kiss and try to get over it. I bet, for Leon it wasn't all that big of an issue. Teens these days are surprisingly open-minded..."

"I doubt it." Caelan replied. "Why else would he run out of the house like a scalded cat?" By now, the blackhaired man was walking around in circles, glancing at the door every now and then. But no Leon anywhere near.

"Maybe your kiss was that bad?" Reaver grinned, which earned him an angry growl from his friend.

"I do NOT kiss bad." Caelan stated firmly.

"So you want him to like your kiss?" Reaver asked innocently.

"I didn't say that either!" Caelan complained.

"But you thought it." Reaver stated. "Cae, we've been a team for many centuries now. I know, what's going on in your head. I've known ever since you first looked at the boy."