Chapter 5

A glance towards the alarm clock told Caelan, that it was somewhat around 10 o'clock in the morning. Which meant, he had slept for more than 12 hours already. Yesterday, they had reached the apartment merely an hour before the sun started to set and right after Leon had wrapped a new bandage around his torso, he had fallen asleep. Now, there was the faint sound of music coming from the living room.

Slowly, to prevent his wound from opening again, Caelan got up and headed towards the door. Then, on second thought he pulled a t-shirt over his head before opening the door. Usually, he would have walked into the living room in nothing more than his boxers, but now that Leon was here, he couldn't do that anymore. He wasn't quite sure, why he thought that way, because after all they were both male but nonetheless something urged him to get a little bit more dressed.

When he entered the living room, he spotted the source of the music. Leon's laptop was on the couch table and the playlist was switched to 'Repeat'. As Caelan took a closer look, he realized that it wasn't a messy blanket, but Leon's sleeping form, which lay on the couch. Quietly, he walked closer and looked at the boy. Obviously, he had been doing research until late at night and then fell asleep like that. With a small smile, Caelan took the blanket from the edge of the couch and covered Leon. Surely, he must feel cold in his sleep...

At the touch of the blanket, Leon shifted slightly and hugged one of the couch pillows. "Mhhh..." he sighed and curled up like a little kitten. At first, Caelan didn't even notice, how his smile turned into a grin. As he did, he frowned and shook his head in confusion. Maybe some coffee would help him clear his head. Thus, he walked into the kitchen and prepared the coffee machine, before switching it on. Then, he leaned against the counter and waited.

Since Reaver had told him to stay at home the following two nights, he didn't quite know what to do. Usually, he worked every night and used the days to recover and sleep. He had been injured during fights before, but never serious enough to keep him confined to bed. Usually, his wounds healed during the day, when he slept and he could return for his night shift. Broken bones merely needed a day and a night to heal too, but that didn't stop him to come to the headquarter and take care of his weapons. But now, he was ordered to stay at home...

A faint sound made him turn towards the door and he spotted Leon standing in the doorframe. His black hair was still messy from sleeping on the couch and his clothes were all wrinkly. " Mornin'..." he murmured, his eyes glued to the coffee machine.

"Mornin'." Caelan replied. "The coffee's ready in a few more minutes, if that's what you're looking for."

"Ah... thanks..." Leon replied and blushed. Actually, it was really the smell of fresh coffee, which had pulled him out of his dreams. He had been working on his research until far after midnight and when he finally fell asleep on the couch, his sleep had been filled with nightmares. Nonetheless, it was still rude to ignore Caelan and just stare at the coffee, so he cleared his throat and looked up to the demon hunter.

"Let me take another look at your wound, okay?" he asked.

With a shrug, Caelan pulled his t-shirt up to his chest and revealed the bandages. Leon carefully unwrapped them and looked at the wound closely. "The healing proceeds quite well." he stated as he wrapped another bandage around Caelan's torso again. "Another night of resting and it will be okay." His fingers accidentally brushed over Caelan's firm muscles and he quickly pulled away, as if he had burned himself. No blush, no blush, he cursed himself. God, why did he have to be so self-concious around that man?

But Caelan didn't seem completely unaffected either. Maybe, or so Leon thought, he noticed Leons reaction to the touch and that was the reason for his weird expression now. Surely, he must be irritated by Leon's weird behavior. But actually, the reason of Caelan's irritation was completely different. He didn't expect Leon's fingers to feel so soft against his skin, nor did he expect a tingling sensation to spread from the place, where Leon had touched.