Chapter 20

It was around midnight, when Leon finally opened his eyes. Darkness engulfed him like a curtain and he had to blink a few times, until he recognized his surroundings. Apparently, he was lying in Caelan's bed, the blanket carefully wrapped around his body. He shifted slightly and a numb pain throbbed through his ankles, making him remember everything. The third and fourth stigmata! Caelan! Did he know? Of course he did... who else could have taken care of him?

Suddenly Leon felt someone move beside him and a glance to the left told him, that Caelan was resting beside the bed. He must have been watching over him and at one point, he must have fallen asleep... A faint smile formed on Leon's lips, as he watched Caelan's sleeping form. The man was sitting on the floor, his head resting on his arms on the corner of the bed. But even in his sleep, there was a faint frown on his forehead. Always troubled... never relaxed.

"Cae..." Leon whispered softly and caressed Caelan's silky black hair. "Everything's okay..."

"Nnhhh..." the hunter sighed and shifted slightly. Then suddenly, he shot up and his hand grabbed Leon's wrist. "Leon!" he called out.

"Shh... I'm here..." the boy replied and reached out to touch his cheek. "Everything's alright."

With a big sigh, Caelan sat down on the bed and released Leon's arm. "Goddamn... you worried me to no end..." he sighed and shook his head. Then, he looked at the boy and asked: "Your ankles... do they hurt?"

"Faintly, yes..." Leon admitted and forced himself to smile. "It's not that bad though."

Then, there was silence for a while. Actually, 'Not that bad' was a weak word for the current situation. There were only two stigmata left... the one on his forehead and then the final wound, his heart. He wasn't so sure why, but Leon knew, the next stigmata wouldn't take that long to appear. Time was running out. And he didn't know what the future would bring.

"Cae..." Leon murmured and looked up to kiss the hunter softly.

Caelan gently wrapped his arms around Leon and pulled him into a soft embrace, before he returned the kiss. "No worries... we'll manage somehow." he murmured against Leon's lips. "I won't let anything harm you."

"We can't make the stigmata disappear." Leon replied and wrapped his arms around Caelan's neck. "But we can enjoy the time, we have left until the storm breaks free." And then, he shifted closer and his body pressed against Caelan's.

"Leon..." the hunter spoke up. He knew what Leon was talking about, but that wasn't the way he wanted things to go. He wanted to say that they had time to get to know each other more... to deepen their relationship. But in fact, they didn't. Nobody knew, how the future would turn out, or if there was a chance to win this war.

Finally, Caelan pulled Leon into his lap and kissed him again, a hint of despair in his touch. And with teh same desperate eagerness, Leon returned the kiss, while his fingers found their way under Caelan's t-shirt. Such a sweet warmth... The muscles underneath his fingertips were tempting Leon to explore them more, to go even further.

But also, every move he made shot a throbbing pain through his ankles and wrists. Such a nuisance! And why did he feel so weak? "Shh..." Caelan murmured and turned them both around, until Leon lay on the bed and the hunter was kneeling above him. "Go easy on yourself... you're hurt." he ordered gently.

And then, he bent down and left a trail of kisses from Leon's lips down to his neck. Meanwhile, his fingers pulled the boy's t-shirt up and caressed the soft skin beneath. All his decisions to go slow... not to get too intimate with Leon until the boy was older... blown into the wind.

"You make my mind waver..." Caelan admitted and helped Leon to completely get rid of the shirt. "I planned to go slow... not to do all this for now..."

"But if not now... we might never do this." Leon replied and reached out to caress Caelan's cheek. "I want you... and I don't want to walk onto this battlefield without having been with you."

"I know." Caelan answered. "But no matter what happens, I won't let anything separate us. Even if all the stigmata appear and you have to use your powers against the demons, I will protect you."

"You're such a knight..." the boy chuckled. "But I like that part about you."

"Well I hope, it's not the only part you like." the hunter replied with a smirk.

"Who knows..." Leon laughed and looked at him. Of course there was so much more he loved about Caelan. The way, he acted all grown up and earnest, but then there were also moments, where he was just like a child. There was a mysterious charm about him, which entranced Leon completely. But the boy would never say it like this... teasing was so much more fun!

"So... I might have to add some more parts you like?" Caelan asked and raised one eyebrow, still hovering right above Leon.

"Is that even possible?" Leon asked back, finding more and more fun in this game of teasing.

"You'd be surprised." Caelan promised. Then, he bent down and stole another sweet kiss from his boy's lips. "Truly surprised..." he added while another kiss, this time on Leon's neck, followed.

"Then show me." Leon ordered gently and his arms around Caelan's neck pulled the man down, closer to his own body. "I wouldn't want to miss this part of your personality."

"As you command." Caelan answered with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. His fingers meanwhile found their way to the waistband of Leon's boxers, but did not slip in yet. He wanted to savor this moment a little longer. His fingertips gently caressed the skin between Leon's belly button and the waistband, while he watched the expression on his face. How quick his little one got impatient... there was already a small frown on his forehead.

"Let me enjoy this to the fullest..." Caelan purred and nipped on Leon's lower lip. And then finally, his hand went under the thin fabric and nothing else mattered anymore... only Caelan's touch... their kisses... and finally, the connection of their bodies in the most intimate way possible.

~+~+~+~

For a while afterwards, there was no sound but their heavy breathing. Then, as they had finally calmed down, Caelan carefully shifted away, trying not to hurt Leon's ankles or wrists. Though... the bandages were already a mess anyway.

"Did I hurt you?" Caelan murmured and kissed Leon's left wrist.

"No... not that much. Instead you made me forget the pain." Leon chuckled and reached out to touch Caelan's cheek. "Now, if you get me a shower and some fresh bandages... and then maybe a warm bed with you in it, I'd be in heaven."

"That won't be much of a challenge..." the hunter laughed. With a swift move, he rolled off the bed and picked Leon up. "Walking is no option with those wounds of yours, so I'll carry you. And if you obediently let me shower you and bandage you, I'll even bring some nice tea to the bed, while you wait there."

"It's embarrassing to be carried in bridal style..." Leon muttered. He was thankful nonetheless. With his ankles wounded like that, it was already hard to walk. With the numb, yet sweet pain in his back however... impossible! "Alright, but it has to be the herbs tea with lemon flavor added." he finally agreed.

"Promised." Caelan agreed. And then, he carried him over to the bathroom.