Chapter 12

"Tonight no hunting, boys." Willow told everyone, as they had gathered in the headquarter. "The backup will arrive around midnight and we need to prepare."

"Sh*t!" Caelan cursed and made a sour face. "Didn't expect them so soon..."

"And what did you want to do?" Willow raised one eyebrow. "Set up some traps or a spying device? It doesn't matter, if they arrive tonight or in a year. We'll have to deal with it nonetheless."

"True." Reaver stated, though his expression was equally sour.

"Actually, I'd like to clean up the medic room, now that I'm Team Zero's medic." Leon suddenly stated. "There's much stuff, which doesn't belong there and I wish to appear as a pro."

"Alright, do that." Willow agreed and the boy walked over to the room. "You know... he might be right." she then told the others. "A medic holds a unique position in a Demon-hunting Team. Everyone obeys his order, or else they risk dying. If Leon appears as a professional, he might be able to keep some control over the situation."

"Leon controlling the newbies?" Caelan frowned. Then, a grin spread on his face. "Actually, I quite like the thought. With his mastermind, he'd play with them like puppets on a string."

"I'd like to see that." Reaver laughed and both Willow and Caelan agreed with him wholeheartedly.

"Now..." Willow slowly said. "Tell me, what happened to you two."

"Eh?" Caelan asked, but couldn't keep his neutral expression.

"You know... I don't like that smug grin of yours." Reaver grumbled, but couldn't help but also smile.

"Good for you, Mr. Playboy." Willow chuckled and patted his shoulder.

"I'm no playboy!" Caelan complained and glared at her.

"I know, I know..." she chuckled and went over to Leon to offer him some help.

Caelan meanwhile turned to Reaver. "Now that I've made my position clear... it's your turn." he told his friend and nudged him with his ellbow.

Reaver looked at Caelan, then his eyes followed Willow. "No chance..." he replied. "With all this mess around, I don't want to start something, which I can't properly care about."

"Trying to act mature here...?" Caelan laughed. But then, he agreed. "Maybe you're right. With Leon however... it simply happened. Sometimes you can't control everything."

"Wonders over wonders... I didn't expect you to talk like a lovesick bird!" Reaver grinned.

"I'm not!" Caelan argued, still laughing. "But come on... let's prepare the headquarter for our unwelcome visitors. I don't want to appear as the only unprofessional one here."

"True." Reaver agreed once again and after getting a can of beer, they also went to work.

~+~+~+~

It was late after midnight, but none of the new hunters had arrived yet. Leon, Willow, Caelan and Reaver had gathered on the couch and every now and then, one of them would glance towards the door. Why didn't anyone arrive yet? With an impatient sigh, Caelan got up to get himself another can of beer, when there were suddenly lights outside.

"I'll take a look." Reaver stated and it was clear, that he wanted everyone else to stay back. It could be a trap after all... But when he looked outside a window, he spotted two people on motorbikes, both dressed in black leather clothes. One of them, the left one, clearly had troubles to stay on the bike and Reaver quickly opened the garage doors.