Chapter 16

A/N:

How I picture the girls is on the right in the multimedia. (:

-------------------------------------------------------

*****

"Hayley. This is my friend, Faye," Stephanie introduces me to a woman who is already rudely sat with a coffee.

Hayley has a gorgeous caramel coloured tone to her skin and shiny, dark locks. She is wearing a pink blazer, pink pants and cute high heels. I can't explain what her outfit looks like but it's - I have to admit it - amazing. "Where's Simone?"

"She's just ringing her man about something. You didn't see her outside when you walked in?"

We sit down next to Hayley.

"No, I definitely didn't see her. Did you see anyone outside, Faye?"

I shake my head. "Nope."

"She's probably gone to her car to talk to him. I think it's serious talk."

I'm about to chip in that it's none of her business what it's about but I decide to keep my mouth closed.

Stephanie changes the subject. "Faye's a brainbox. She's a very clever woman."

"I wish I had brains. I could be somebody then," Hayley says. "And men wouldn't be after me for that one thing, if you know what I'm saying."

"Faye's a businesswoman. She's working with Arthur at the moment."

"Arthur hasn't told you yet?" I ask Stephanie nervously.

"Told me what?"

"I... um. I quit the other day," I try to mumble but I know it comes out as clear as crystal. I'm ashamed that I couldn't cope with my career and it's not something I want to share with people.

Especially people that I don't even know.

"Aw, baby. Did you fuck the boss or something?" Hayley smiles.

I pull a face at her. "What did you just say?"

"You don't have to hide it. Sex is a natural thing that happens."

I try to keep my composure but this bitch is REALLY annoying me. "I had too much on my plate, if you really must know."

"Oh, his dick was too big for you? Give me his number and I'll see what I can do."

"Is she an actual joke? Who is this hoe?" I angrily mutter to Stephanie.

"Girlies, I think it's time to calm down," Stephanie says to us. "Oh, look. Here's Simone."

Simone walks through the door and all head turn in her direction. She is absolutely stunning and looks like a supermodel. She has shiny, wavy blonde locks, piercing blue eyes and big red lips - although her appearance is ruined by her taste in fashion.

"Hiya, you must be Faye," she smiles at me.

I smile back. "Yeah, nice to meet you. You must be Simone?"

"Yep, that's me. Want me to order you something?"

"No, thank you. But thanks for offering."

"Stephanie, would you like me to get you anything?"

Stephanie flicks her hair back in an attempt to shift everyone's attention from Simone but it fails. "I'll have a coffee, please."

Simone nods and goes up to the counter. The guy taking her order looks totally mesmerised by her and Hayley laughs.

"That guy be wanting Simone's pussy. Just look at that look he's giving her."

Is Hayley always like this? I'm surprised that Stephanie would be friends with someone like her; Stephanie's so... I think overzealous is the only way to describe her, seriously. But squeaky clean overzealous, which is why I can't believe Hayley's her friend.

Simone comes back. I'm really glad to be honest because Hayley's creating extremely weird awkwardness.

"I got you an iced lemonade, Faye. I know you said you didn't want anything but I figured you might get thirsty later with all this hot weather. Stephanie, here's your coffee. And Simone, here's your iced tea."

Ha, she refers to herself like I do. Simone seems nice - but she doesn't overdo it like Stephanie.

I think I like her so far.

I smile as she sits next to me. "Aw, thank you, Simone. How much was it? I'll pay you back."

"That guy didn't let me pay so everything's on the house."

We all started laughing. What does he think is going to happen - Simone will jump over the counter, they'll make out and then she'll say yes when he gets down on one knee?

"Go and see how big is dick is," Hayley says.

Here we go again.

Simone takes a sip from her iced tea and then responds. "Why don't you? You're the sex obsessed one."

"OK, I will. After I've finished my coffee," she laughs and then starts singing at the man. "Take you down, I really want to take you down."

I can feel myself blushing at the fact she's singing one of Chris' songs. But Hayley is actually CRAZY. He can hear her singing; it's not like she's keeping her volume low. He gives her a strange glance before serving his next customer.

"He wants me. I can so tell. Not as much as he wants Simone, mind, but he still wants me. He's wild, ready. Ready for me."

After an hour of listening to Hayley's annoying, dirty mouth, I ask Stephanie if I can leave. Hayley and Simone give me their numbers and then Stephanie drops me back home.