Chapter 36

- CHRIS’ POV

I hear the knocks, the thumping and the shouting two minutes later, as promised.

“Chris! CHRIS!”

I open it reluctantly, knowing that the paparazzi will be soon be here if she carries on.

I look at her with disgust. The kind of disgust which truly shows how I feel about her. She’s trying to split Faye and I up. 

“Hey boo,” she smiles, biting one of her fake nails in a seductive way. “You be getting a semi already.”

“I don’t think so,” I shake my head. I remain at the door, blocking her from coming in.

“Really? But I know so. You gon’ let me in?”

“No.”

She opens her purse and reaches for something. “I have a present for you.”

A used condom?

“It’s from Roze. A wedding invitation. She gone ‘n’ married that Italian mechanic. She told me to give it to you next time I saw you ‘cos she ain’t gon’ be coming ‘round here anymo’.”

I fucked with Roze a few times, yeah. But I hardly know the girl. I don’t want her fucking wedding invitation.

“I’m fine, thanks. Now please leave before I end up calling security.”

“Chrissy boo. Baby. I know you be wanting me. And you can have me. You can have me on yo dick all night. Just let me do what I do best,” she mutters, tugging at her too short dress.

I roll my eyes at her. “I’m not single anymore.”

“I don’t care, Chris. It never stopped your ass before when you with Robyn.”

I saw firsthand how much me having affairs hurt Robyn. I would no way put Faye through that.

“I’m calling security.”

Siena’s hand goes straight to my pockets, preventing me from pulling my phone out. 

Then her hand moves to my crotch.

I gasp with shock silently. 

I shouldn’t have expected any less - it’s her nature - but I’m still more than surprised.

“Get out of here,” I spit angrily as I step back, trying to get away from her. “You’re nothing but a nasty piece of work.”

She remains standing there, her grin getting wider.

“Get the fuck out of here, Siena,” I growl through gritted teeth. I step back further and slam the door.

- FAYE’S POV

“Our statistics are saying that this is the best option for us, Mrs. Spencer…”

“I’d appreciate it if you didn’t call me, Mrs. Spencer, thank you. Miss Malone is more than adequate.”

“… Miss Malone, we strongly recommend adding this to the product,” a man says, pointing to the powerpoint. “It will improve the product drastically and it will obtain a new lease of much needed life. This product is simply not going to work -”

“I’m not convinced, I’m going to be honest,” I declare. “We’ll talk more tomorrow about this; I’m finished for today.”

I grab my folders and bag and walk out of the building to my car. I keep my head down, not wanting to spot Arthur if he’s finished now too.

I think I’ll go to Chris’ house as a surprise. See what he’s up to.

I get into my car and drive onto the highway. I can’t wait to see Chris. I just love being with him; his character’s so beautiful and infectious.

“Eeurgh,” I say to myself. Commuters’ traffic pisses me off.

I text Chris, not wanting to interrupt him if he’s busy:

‘Hey, is it OK if I come over? I’m on my way. xxxxx.’

- CHRIS’ POV

Shit. Faye’s coming. Shit.

I open the front door again, knowing that Siena is still out there.

“You need to go,” I demand. “Now.”

“I’m waiting until you let me in, Chrissy boo.”

She’s sat on one of the steps, twirling her extensions around her finger. Her hot pink heels dig into the gravel drive with force.

I’ve got an idea. A shit idea - but it’s the only option I have.

“Come on in, then,” I say to her. I can’t believe I’m doing this.

“I knew you’d want to eventually, boo. ‘Cos yo ass a good boy.”

“There’s a deal, though. You have to stay in my room until Faye leaves.”

Her heels click against the floor. “What? Who’s Faye?”

“The love of my life.”

Siena’s heels stop. I turn around as her eyes dilate. “You and her fo’ real? You serious about her?”

“Yeah.”

She sighs. “Boo… boo. Let me be real with you. Bachelors like you can’t commit. It’s a fact. How many bachelors do you see that been going strong with their partner fo’ thirty years? You don’t. That kinda love don’t exist. You gon’ break her heart and you know it.”

I ignore her and snap. “Is it a deal or not?”

“I suppose.”

She knows where my bedroom is and she goes up obediently without having to be told. I know she won’t give the game away. But I’m still panicking.

What Siena said about the ‘bachelor’ thing… first of all, I wouldn’t class myself as a bachelor. I’m just a normal person who got lucky. I had a dream and, one day, I opened my eyes and it was reality. And Siena’s just saying that because she can’t bare to imagine me settled down with someone. It’s obviously jealousy.

I hear a knock at the door. I quickly run upstairs to Siena.

“She’s here. Don’t make a sound and don’t come down. I mean it,” I inform her.

She nods.

I sprint down the stairs and open the door.

“Hey,” Faye smiles.

“Hey beautiful,” I say, kissing her. “Come in.”

- FAYE’S POV

“Hey beautiful,” Chris says, leaning in and kissing me. I smell his cologne and it lingers on my skin. “Come in.”

I follow him into the kitchen and we sit down at the table.

“Busy day?” he asks.

“Yep. Back to back shit meetings all day. I just wish things were more black and white in business instead of having all these gray areas.”

Chris leans back in his chair and strums his fingers on the table to the music in the background. He hasn’t taken his eyes off me for a while now.

“What?” I simper.

“Nothing,” he smirks. “Just thinking about how beautiful you are.”

Without warning, I strangely hear faint creaks on the stairs.

“What’s that?” I turn behind me to the stairs.

Chris continues to smile. “What’s what?”

“Who’s that?!”