Chapter 21

- FAYE'S POV

I'm surrounded by clouds. Pink, orange and purple clouds.

Someone grabs me, pulling me backwards through miles of vast forests. I try to remove their grasp but their touch is like solid stone. My head turns to see their face but my neck clicks and stiffens, stopping me.

Then they stop and let go of me and I am thrust to a standstill. They walk slowly infront of me and I see that it's Chris. He's wearing plain, black clothes, black Raybans and black sneakers.

"Are you sure you want to mess with me?" he says.

"What are you talking about?" I reply.

The scene around us whooshes past us and changes quickly into a party. There are drunk and high people everywhere, shouting and screaming at each other.

Chris is wearing the same outfit but mine has changed to a red maxi dress.

"Are you going to dance with me or what?" he grins.

There's something about his current facial expression that I can't stand. Although I can't see his eyes because of his shades, I can feel the evil radiation from them burning my eyes.

Chris takes my hand and shoves me into the restroom. I walk out but he's nowhere to be seen - so I go back in.

I walk over to the mirror and stare, horrified, at my reflection. My eyeballs look half eaten and raw and the flesh around my eyes is a deep red colour.

I want to vomit.

I run into one of the cubicles and throw my hair onto my back as I throw up into the toilet.

After, I close my eyes and I cry in pure, intense pain. I quickly open my eyes but the extreme stinging sensation from my eyes won't budge.

I run to one of the sinks and turn the tap on, showering my eyes with the cold water.

But the pain is still there.

I want to vomit again but I black out.

- CHRIS' POV

I hear Faye screaming so I rush upstairs.

When I get to her, she's tossing and turning violently. The cover's been thrown onto the floor and her body's covered in sweat and goosebumps.

"Faye, are you OK?" I say, unsure on what to do.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" she yells. "GET AWAY!"

"You've just had a bad nightmare, Faye. Everything's OK."

She gradually opens her eyes and I pass her a glass of water.

She throws the water onto her face.

"What the f-"

"MY EYES! MY EYES!"

Her eyes?

"What's the matter with your eyes?"

She becomes calm and very, very still.

"I'm sorry, Chris. Like you said, I just had a bad nightmare."

"Do you want to tell me about it?" I ask.

"No. Because you wouldn't like it," she informs me.

She gets out of bed and walks past me.

"Where are you -"

Faye walks down the stairs and I follow behind her.

"I'm going back home."