Chapter 17

"Thanks for the lift," I say to Stephanie when she parks up.

"No worries. I'll see you soon?"

"Sure," I mutter as I unlock the front door and go inside.

I go straight upstairs to bed; I don't care that it’s around 3pm. I have nothing better to do.

- CHRIS' POV

I've rang Faye four times today and each time it's gone to the answer machine. I've been thinking about going over to her place but I don't want to seem like a creep.

If she doesn't want me, she doesn't want me.

It's just too hard to accept. She's like no one else I've met; everything I've been looking for, she's got it. When we kissed, my heart stopped. When we made love, my heart died. She's got this hold on me and I'm putty in her hands whenever she's near. I've never felt this way before. We won’t live forever and I don’t have enough time to sit back and let her get away. I don’t want to be ninety years old and regret not trying harder to make her mine. I’ll never forget Faye. 

I’m looking at my Rolex and realising that each time the second hand moves, it’s another second of my life gone by without Faye by my side. You’d think that with all the money stacked up in my bank account that I’d be able to buy everything I’d ever need.

You’d be wrong.

I need Faye; she’s a necessity. I’d rather have Faye than food, shelter etc. I would never take her for granted and I would love her until the death of me. Literally. I'm never going to tire from trying to win her over - but I love her too much to go against her wishes. She doesn't want me.

- FAYE'S POV

The next evening, Simone rings me and asks if I can do her a favour.

"My little sister, Sandy, is 14 and she wants me to go with her to a concert tonight. I've just realised I can't go because of work. I know I only met you yesterday but would you mind taking her? I don't think it's really Stephanie's thing and Hayley definitely isn't responsible enough."

"Sure, I'd love to. Whose concert is it?" I reply.

"Thank you so much, Faye. Um... it's... aargh - I can't remember. All I know is that she's obsessed with them. She bought the tickets ages ago and they're front row tickets so you'll have an amazing view."

She gives me the address of where her little sister lives and tells me what time to be there for. I then go and get ready as I don't have long. I throw on some skinny jeans and a plain vest as I think about whose concert it could be. Haaa, imagine if it was Chris'. But that's too ironic. Something so coincidental just wouldn't happen.

I put on some makeup, do my hair and then drive over to the house.

I knock on the door and a tall teenager opens it.

"Hi Sandy," I say. "I'm Faye... has Simone told you what's happening?"

"Yeah," she snaps.

"Are you ready to go?"

She nods and we get in the car. As we speed along the highway, I try to make conversation with Sandy but it's not really working. I imagine that she's upset that Simone pulled out at the last minute and that she's going to someone she loves' concert with a total stranger.

I'd be pretty devastated at 14 too.

"So whose concert it is?" I inquire with a smile.

"Tyga's."

Pheeewww. That's a relief.

"Do you like Tyga?"

"Yeah," she responds in a grumpy manner. She's on her phone and whatever she's doing on there is clearly more important than me.

Luckily, the arena isn't more than a 45 minute drive and we soon, surprisingly, arrive there.

"Do you want to go grab a burger or something? We've got three hours until it starts."

"No. We need to get in the queue."

The queue is already huge. Is she honestly making me stand here in mental agony for three fucking hours?

I feel bad for her so I agree to it.

"OK then," I say. "It's your night I guess."

This time, I don't bother trying to talk to her; she probably doesn't appreciate the effort. The three hours go by so fucking slowly and I very nearly cry in delight when they start letting us all in.

We walk through the arena and take our seat. After a hugely dramatized countdown, the support act plays a couple of songs and then Tyga comes on. Sandy's screaming at the top of her lungs and her face is bright red.

"Aiight guys, let's get into the first song."

He starts with 'Dope'. He then does '500 Degrees', 'Wait For A Minute', 'I'm Different', 'Don't Hate The Playa', 'Hijack', 'Molly', 'Show You', 'Get Loose' and 'Enemies'.

"I gon' finish wit a couple of tracks that I did wit one my homies."

The crowd goes wild.

"It'll be Chris Brown," Sandy shouts over the noise at me.

Gulp.

"Hey hey hey, wassup everyone?"

Aaaaah. Fml.

"'Sup Breezy?"

"Nothing much. We starting with 'Fuck For The Road'?"

"Yeah."

Chris takes his place on the stage and I'm hoping he hasn't seen me. If, at ever a point in my life, I wanted to be consumed by an opening in the floor, it would be this moment right here. He's going to see me at some point, I know it.