The Beginning

• Dedicated to Fatin Diab

Flashback

Catie had been spending her summer holidays with her uncle Paul when he got a call from work that required him to travel to Seoul in South Korea, where the main branch of his company was established.

Being a lonely man with no children of his own he took his niece with him, hoping that a new country would rid her of their family's short mind syndrome.

They spent almost a month in the city but, because of her uncle's business meetings the girl, who was 10 at the time, spent most of her days playing on the hotel's backyard with two Korean boys she had befriended, Lee Donghwa and his younger brother Donghae, sons of one of her uncle's co-workers.

The boys were 17 and 14, both older than her, but since their father was also staying at the hotel and they had nothing else to do while he worked with Catie's uncle, they would put up with that strange girl with big bright eyes who kept following them around.

Donghwa didn't like that the girl couldn't speak their language and was always teasing her by calling her bad names in Korean, which only made her mad and start to cry with frustration.

Donghae on the other hand, was always nice and patient to her, calming her temper with soft words, some in a poor but understandable English, others in Korean - which she couldn't fully understand but trusted him not to mean something other than good and calming terms.

Soon after they met he started to call her Foxy Eyes, referring to her big green eyes - so unusual in Korea - expressing how much he liked them. At that time the girl developed a sense of adoration towards him that made her forget about Donghwa completely - which, in fact, didn't seem to bother him much.

She followed Donghae around and the boy played happily with her, showing no sign of irritation whatsoever and actually seeming to like her company and energy.

The pair of them grew closer by the hour and despite the age gap between them, they both engaged on the thought that they would be together forever, leading Donghae to turn Catie his first girlfriend. Those were happy times for both of them and like the children that they were, they thought their time together would never end. Catie begged her uncle to let her stay, to move to Korea for good and to take her to live with him permanently, but there was nothing he could do. They would have to go back sooner or later, but her uncle promised her that when she grew up, if she still wanted to live there, he would move with her, supporting her in watterver she decided.

When the time finally came for Catie to return home the girl cried, holding onto Donghae for more than an hour before she could be convinced to leave.

Donghae felt bad for letting his first love slip through his fingers, he had gotten used to her constant presence in his life. Her smile, her energy and her sweet looks melted his young heart for the first time and so, right before she left, he cried as he hugged her and said in his poor English.

- Don't worry little foxy eyes, I'm sure we'll meet again some day. When you come back to Korea Oppa will be here waiting for you okay?

He gave the girl a small pat on her head and kissed her cheek, making her flush and turn red, crying even more as she answered.

- Oppa... please wait for me. I'll definitely return! Don't go marrying someone else. I'll definitely return!

(...)

He was her first love and she kept his memory in her heart for over thirteen years, until a change of events brought it back to life.

Catie finally had everything she needed to move to Korea - she had won an internship at one of the country's biggest label's - she had already contacted her uncle and they both intended to move there permanently since his business required his presence at the Korean capital with increasing frequency.

Catie was finally going to fulfill her promise to return to Korea. The only remaining question was... had the other part of the promise been forgotten?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I hope you liked this first chapter. It's basically just a headstart for the real story which will be told by our Catie.

I'm really thrilled to be able to publish my fanfic and I really hope it's fun for you to read.

The story it's really at its beginning and so there's no way to tell where it will lead... lets find out together shall we?!

I'll try to update as soon as possible ;)

사랑해요

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------