Whole new perspective

• Dedicated to Marina Costa

~Henry's POV~

  When Catie finished telling me her story, I felt so sad for her that I just couldn't say anything. She and Donghae hyung were childhood friends, they were each others first love. But she had to move back to her country and they lost contact. Now she's back, but he didn't recognize her. I asked her at one point why she didn't told him who she was, I almost wished I didn't ask her that.

- He has to focus on his career. Last time we were together he couldn't focus on himself...He only thought about what I felt. I don't want him to be faced with that ever again.

  I found it incredible that Catie was able to keep her promise to return to Korea, against all odds and after so many years. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to go through something like that. And Donghae hyung... I always tried to imagine why he would never date like the rest of the members, but I'd never imagined something like this. He had been heart broken in the worst way right from his very first love.

  Then something crossed my mind.

"So... is she the reason why hyung is not coming to the dorm lately?... No. She can't be... she said he didn't recognize her..."

  I wasn't dumb enough to ask her that, looking at how devastated she was with the whole thing, I was sure that just the possibility of her being the reason why hyung was absent, would hurt her beyond reason.

- So... let me get this right... After the amusement park you've been spending some time together?

- Yes,we have. I don't know why he wants to spend this much time with me... I think he's going through some really bad times... he hasn't even been with Hyuk anymore... We just walk around town.

  If hyung was willing to be seen walking around with a girl... That meant that he was serious... but that would only make sense if he... if he actually knew who Catie was. But he was also trying to lay low so... this wasn't for him, it was for her. He must have known she wouldn't want to be recognized, he must have known who she was all along.

- You know... I've known Donghae hyung for many, many years now. I've never seen him with a girl on a date, or with any romantic thought in his mind... You must have really made an impression on him.

- It's not like that. We're not dating.

  She was blushing.

- I think he wants to go out with you...

- I don't think so... I mean, it would be weird. I'm his manager. And even if I know him, he doesn't know me anymore... we're different. I wouldn't just date him based on some childish feeling.

  She was right. It would be weird for the other members but not for hyung. We always knew that once the perfect girl appeared he would do anything to have her... Even if he had to pretend not to know her.

- But you've been dating. You've been spending so much time together and everything...

- It's not dates... We just spend time together as friends... I'm spending time with you and we're not dating!

"Try telling him that!"

  I would get nowhere like this. These two are so stubborn that I would have to ship them. It would be hard.

-Who said this is not a date?!

  She finally smiled and I knew I had to do something for my friend. On a daily basis she didn't seem sad at all, she taught the members in English, followed them around their schedules if they needed her help, she stayed around the house with Ryeowook (He had nothing else but Sukira at the moment, so he would stay at the dorms during the day only to go to work at night) or she would go to the agency to talk and hang around with Sully and Krystal from f(x) (whom she soon befriended). All and all, no one could ever tell that she was actually going through a lot on her own. She was strong and she could act, no one would ever guess the madness and sorrow raging inside her.