Do or Die!

~Catie's POV~

-So... is it permanent?

-Only time will tell, Miss Miller. The accident itself was nothing too dangerous, but still... what I mean is that, sometimes, the emotional load becomes far more than one can bear when triggered by some event. That's exactly what happened in Mr. Lee's case. The car crash was a unfortunate event that, even though it resulted in very few physical damage, brought forth a mental break down which caused the selective amnesia.

I stood there in silence for several moments, blank minded and not knowing what to do next.

-Miss Miller?

I looked at the concerned doctor, who had apparently been talking without me noticing it.

He let out a worried sigh, as if he understood me all too well.

-As I was saying... we can only wait to see what the outcome may be. It is my absolute belief that this situation won't be permanent. In the meantime, patience is of the essence. And remember... no matter how this situation may look in your eyes and your heart, the one who lost his memories is usually the most troubled. No matter how wounded you think you are, you still have all your memories, that is a gift that others are no longer able to enjoy.

I smiled slightly at the doctor's wisdom.

-And yet... sometimes those same memories can cause you enough pain to make you wish you didn't have them.

With that said the old doctor fell into a contemplative silence. I greeted him formally and thanked him for all his help and left.

I intended to do to Donghae's room but just the thought of it made me shrink in pain.

"How can it only be me?"

Karma had definitely made me its number one enemy.

When Donghae woke up from his coma, only a week after the car crash, we realized almost immediately that his memories were missing. It took him about four days to recognize his own mother and brother and another three days to convince him of his father's death. It was a heart breaking situation. To him it was as if he was losing his father, his role model, his best friend, all over again. The only difference was that, this time, Leeteuk wasn't there with him to help him, since he'd only been released of the army a few days later. By the time he came back, Donghae could already recognize all his bandmates and friends - but not me.

Two more weeks have gone by and he still doesn't know who I am - who I was. To him, now, I'm nothing more than his manager and teacher, a relatively good friend that he couldn't recognize from before the accident. He was kind and funny and goofy towards me, like he was to everyone, but there was nothing else. All of the love, the memories, the worry, the jealousy, the desire and friendship that once filled his eyes, every time he looked at me, were gone, and with it, the man I loved.

As I let myself swim in my memories I also allowed my machine-like body to wander around the hospital's gardens. At some random point I just stopped and starred at the sun, still high in the sky but already making its way down into the inevitable night. This was the worst part of the day for me, when all the memories seemed to jump out and attack me.

-Hey there, stranger.

I turned to see who it was, although I already had a feeling of who my stalker might be.

-Heechul ssi?

He was making his way to me with his carefree and yet glamourous walk. It was at times like this that I realized the reason why so many girls went crazy over him. I may not be the manliest of guys but he had that something about him, that player look.