Chapter 16

Colby's POV:

Everyone just looked awkwardly around as we sat in a circle around the floor. By this point it had been almost half an hour of awkward silence as a couple more of our friends showed up. Aaron was the first to come over along with Brenne, Taylor, Big Nik, Keliannes friend Jess, and Mary's best friend Alice.

I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life.....

"Okay this is lame as fuck! Are we gonna do something or not?" Brennen said finally breaking the uncomfortably awkward silence. "Yeah this is really boring," Mary said clinging to Sam.

Get...your....body....off....of Sam's body.....you bitch! Okay I need to stop calling her a bitch. Just please remove your body from his....you bitch. Fuck!

"Colby, you're clenching your fist....again," Kelianne said whispering in my ear so only I could hear. 

I unclenched my fist and looked at Kelianne.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

She shook her head and put her hand on mine.

Honestly it's unbelievable that people buy the fact that we're dating but we are so close it honestly makes sense. If they didn't know what's really going on they would have no idea. I owe Kelianne a lot for what she's doing for me. I hope I can find a way to repay her.

"Oh my gosh Colby and Kelianne get a room!" Mary obnoxiously laughed.

What the hell is her problem?! Why does she always have to draw attention to Kelianne and I? I don't understand....

I looked from Kelianne over to Mary and Sam. She, by this point, had hopped on Sam's lap and was straddling his waist. She had laid her head down in the crease of his neck and was just steadily talking to him.

The only thing I noticed that was different from every other time they've cuddled like this in public, was that Sam wasn't staring into her eyes and laughing and kissing her.....He was staring at me.

Our eyes locked and every thing stopped. I didn't want to pull my eyes away but I knew if I didn't everyone would get suspicious. I kept trying to pull my eyes away but I couldn't and I could tell Sam wasn't able to either, but why? His eyes expressed several emotions he wouldn't dare let his face express. I couldn't tell what he was feeling because each emotion came through so quickly and disappeared the same.

I felt something wrap around my arm and I could tell it was Kelianne just by her Lavender scent and I caught one emotion in Sam's eyes but it...it can't be accurate. It almost look like....for a split second.....that maybe....just maybe....it was.....Jealous. It couldn't be. Maybe somebody in the room hit on Mary and that's why his eyes did that or maybe I'm terrible at reading emotions. All I know is I need to break this gaze.

"....Having lots of sex!!" Mary shouted. I caught the tail end of that conversation and I wasn't sure what was going on but it was enough to break my gaze with Sam and shoot daggers at Mary.

"Really?" Brennen said laughing.

"Yeah she said her and her boyfriend were having lots of sex, like at the party and stuff, and they didn't realize the party had been busted so when the cops came through the house they were doing it in the parents bed completely naked," Mary said laughing.

Holy shit. Thank God she wasn't talking about Sam.

"Hey, as fun as your sex story is Mary.....why don't we actually do something fun," Kelianne said to Mary.

Mary shot back with a dirty look and Kelianne gave her the most obnoxious smile back. Like the one you give someone you hate but have to pretend that you don't.