Foreplay

A/N: Thanks for all of the comments and support for this story and to those who leave me private messages or only read, you all are amazing! I didn't plan on taking this long to update but I had to work on a one-shot for cs January joy on tumblr and also another story I'm writing. This chapter was going to be longer but I broke it up and the next one will continue with Killian's pov. This one may not be what you expected but I have so many ideas for this story and it's just taking me a while to get where I want to, so please bear with me.

~*~

Liam gulped harshly, staring the man down. Liam was no coward but he didn't really think a a beat-up Volkswagen Beetle was worth getting shot over. Thinking of his family, his wife and the future they had planned together, he made a decision. This man before him did not look like the type he wanted to mess with and Liam couldn't bear the thought of leaving his wife a widow. Especially after their recent loss. He couldn't put her through that again. "The car's yours. I don't want any trouble. Just let me get the keys for you."

"Good choice."

Liam went inside to get the keys as the man followed him making sure he wasn't up to any funny business. Liam kept looking over his shoulder cautiously, his heart pounding as he fetched the keys and handed them over. A crooked smile creeped over the man's face, sending shivers down Liam's spine.

When they walked outside and Liam locked up again, the man put a threatening hand on his shoulder just when Liam thought he was in the clear. The man leaned in, speaking quietly in a dark, husky tone. "Just so we're clear, if you tell anyone about this, I guarantee you will never see that lovely wife of yours ever again." He handed Liam the cash and turned to walk away.

Liam gritted his teeth, his fist clenching as he watched him go. The urge to punch the bloke straight in his nose was overwhelming. Who the bloody hell did this guy think he was, coming to this peaceful town and making threats? And how the bloody hell did he know his wife? He's never even seen this arse before. Liam let out breath to steady himself before he did something stupid. Then, his eyes drifted to the cash in his hand, his thumb sifting through the bills. He asked himself two questions. Where did a man like that get two thousand dollars in cash and who would be desperate enough to threaten him with a gun over an old Volkswagen Beetle that had well over 150,000 miles on it?

Killian's mouth fell agape and he blinked a few times to be sure he wasn't dreaming. He had never seen anything so stunning in his entire life. "Love..." He took her hands in his and mustered a charming smile. "You literally take me breath away."

Emma blushed and returned a shy smile. She was wearing a jacket, but it was unzipped. Underneath it, she was clad in a red dress that showed off all of her wonderful feminine parts and curves flawlessly. "I doubt that."

Her words tore at his heart. "It's true." He only wished he could show her just how beautiful she really was. He could only imagine that she had never received that type of appreciation. The kind that would make her feel like a valuable treasure to be loved and cherished. The kind that made her feel like a woman in all aspects of the word, to be made love to slowly, passionately, and to be treated as a princess. He knew she's never been cared for like that before.

Killian released her hands, wrapping her up in his arms underneath her jacket as he captured her lips. She sighed softly as she rested her hands on his shoulders and moved her lips slowly against his, savoring the feel and pressure of his mouth on hers. He was instantly caught up in everything she had to offer as he breathed her in. Her taste, the smell of her perfume, her delicate curves as his hands roamed her body. He could easily feel the fire inside her from the way she kissed him and tugged on the fabric of his shirt between her fingers as though the need to have him closer was just too much to bear.