THIS IS ONLY A SNEAK PEEK!!!!

Chapter 28: Water Under the Bridge

A/N: I was going to wait to post this, but you've all been so amazingly patient, there will be another sneak peek coming soon. I've got 4000 words done so I'm almost finished :)

~~~

"How is it that whenever hugs are involved, you always show up?"

James chuckled. "I don't know, I guess I'm attracted to them." He opened his arms, and she answered him with a hug, sighing in to him. "At least I'm not the last person to get one this time," James murmured, kissing her cheek and tucking his face into the crook of her neck.

Emma's heart twisted. She knew he'd been concerned about her. She knew she'd put him - all of her friends and Killian - through hell. Plus she'd had doubts when Neal pointed fingers at him. Of all the people in her life, she had believed the one person who had hurt her and damaged her the most. That was the influence Neal had over her before that night. She had guessed until she was finally able to stand her ground, he would've always had his claws in her - always had power over her - no matter how much she hated him.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you..."

"Hey, none of that," he soothed, affectionately stroking her hair. "You don't have to apologize. I deserved it. I haven't exactly been the ideal citizen of this town. And you are too important to me to let him get in between our friendship."

Emma's heart fluttered at the sincerity in his voice, and she squeezed him a bit tighter, resting her head on his shoulder, feeling comforted by his words. It had been a while since they had been together like this. Everything had been hectic lately and with James seeing someone and Emma doubting him, she felt like had lost her best friend, so it was nice to be in his arms and hear his voice. "I missed you, James," she whispered softly in his ear.

"Missed you, too... so much. You had us worried though. I'm just glad Killian made it when he did."