ONLY ANOTHER SNEEK PEAK!!!

Chapter 29 It's always Darkest before Dawn

A/N: So, here’s a surprise for you lovely readers - I decided to add on another chapter. I simply could not give Emma a proper reunion and throw in all of the other surprises in even a 10k word chapter so there will be two more plus an epilogue. And just to be clear, the dress is not a wedding gown - they’re not there quite yet - but I saw this and really liked it so I had to throw it on Emma.

“Emma, you look so beautiful! I’m so happy for you!”

Emma blushed at Mary Margaret’s words, and smiled as her two friends eyed her up and down with dropped jaws, observing the clean white gown which fell mid-thigh and swayed when Emma moved. It had a sweetheart neckline with spaghetti straps, and the midsection of the dress divided the top and the skirt with sheer lace, showing off her slim stomach. And she was wearing high heels and the bracelet Killian gave her for Christmas.

“She’s drop dead gorgeous,” Ruby added. “Killian’s eyes are going to pop out of his head. I’m just wondering how long you’ll be wearing it before it’s on his bedroom floor. It’s such a shame though, because it’s a really nice dress.”

Ruby’s words did not help with the heat overtaking her face. In fact, Ruby made it worse and Emma knew her cheeks were as red as a tomato. Not only that, but her stomach was full of butterflies. This was really the first time she’d worn a dress since she gave birth to Ian, but still, she’d been with Killian for five months before she’d left, she’d shared her life story with him, lived with him, made love to him, raised her baby with him, so why on earth was she so goddamn nervous?