Meeting Dr. Jones

Emma's eyes were glazed over in disbelief as the doctor approached her in a white lab coat; a tie and button-up shirt that matched the color of his eyes were tucked into black dress pants underneath. When Liam said his brother was an OBGYN, she figured he was older and not as handsome as the mechanic.

Clearly she had misjudged things.

The doctor's jet-black hair was rumpled in just the right way and the light stubble along his jaw framed a perfect pair of lips. His eyes drifted down at her file before reaching hers again and he extended his hand, gracing her with a warm smile. She couldn't really move though as she stared in disbelief.

"Miss Swan is it? I'm Dr. Killian Jones."

Gathering the words, she shook her head, speaking in a stumbled slur. "You can't be my doctor..."

His handsome features fell in confusion as he dropped the hand that she ignored.

"You're just so..."

"Young?" he finished with a hint of a smile finding its way back to his lips, his eyes bright with intrigue.

"Yeah..." she managed because, yeah, that's the word she was going for.

"Well, lass, I assure you I've gone through the proper medical training. And I worked with Dr Lucus for four years as her junior," he added, but there wasn't a flicker of hurt in his eyes. In fact, there was kindness and a dash of something sweet laced in his words. "Education and experience may have given me age but as you can see, I've retained my youthful glow," he said, the corner of his mouth pulling up into a playful smirk.

His words didn't make her anymore at ease. Her hands were in her lap as she toyed with her thumbs nervously. She wasn't comfortable with a guy who looked that good examining her lady parts. "I um... I want a different doctor," she said rather flustered as she tried to avoid his gaze, her hands moving restlessly until finally clutching onto the edge of the bed for support.

Finally, his smile faded a bit, but the kindness in his voice never faltered. "If that's what you wish, I can gladly give you the number to a different OBGYN outside of town. The last thing I would want is for you to feel uncomfortable with the physician taking care of you and your baby."

She looked up at him, her eyes meeting his. "Thank you."

"Of course. Let me go get the number for you."

As he walked out of the room, her gut twisted in regret. She was being ridiculous. Mary Margaret did say he was very professional and even if she found another doctor, it was not going to be any less uncomfortable. She had bruises up her body and it wouldn't really matter who saw them. She was leaving in the morning anyway.

He came back a moment later with a slip of paper in his hand. "Here is the number of a female physician." He attempted to hand her the contact information, but she didn't move to take it. "She's a brilliant OBGYN and I think you will-"

"No, it's fine," she sighed. "You can be my doctor." He looked at her in surprise as she searched for a reasonable excuse that was only partially true. "I'm just used to my doctor back where I used to live." She did trust her OB but that wasn't why she had refused him as a doctor.

He gave a smile and an understanding nod. "That's perfectly understandable, Miss Swan. But I can assure you that here in Storybrooke, you couldn't be in better hands."

A small smile made its way across her lips. That's exactly what worried her.

"Shall we try this again?"

Emma simply nodded.

He offered his hand again. "I'm Dr. Killian Jones. I will be your doctor today."