Moving In

"So you never told me how it went with Rosabell."

Killian flashed her a small smile. Emma had finished packing her clothes in a suitcase the next day as he came into her bedroom. "It went much better than I expected actually. I explained what happened and she forgave me, so we're still friends. Not that I deserve it. I couldn't tell her about us," he sighed. "I hate lying and keeping this from people."

She sat on the edge of the bed and held out her hand. "Come sit with me." He didn't hesitate to walk over and take her hand, sitting next to her. "How much longer do we have to keep this a secret?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe until a few months after you have the baby, just to be safe. I just hate this. I want to take you out on dates outside of my house and show you off to everyone." He lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles, sending tingles over her skin.

"Well, I'm not sure if I'm much to show off, but I want that too."

He eyed her as though she were crazy. "Of course you are. You're bloody beautiful." He leaned in to kiss her ear. "In fact, if we were in this place alone, I'd say we make better use of this bed before we went to my house," he whispered with a smirk against her skin before kissing her earlobe.

Emma shuddered, feeling his warm lips and the vibrations he sent through her body. "But your ribs... you need to heal," she breathed, feeling arousal stirring in her belly.

He gave a soft shrug. "Oh I think I can manage. Between you being pregnant and my cracked rib, we may be limited to the number of positions we can try but I'm willing to fight through the pain."

Emma blushed and couldn't help the smile that tugged at her lips. "Well, like you said, James is in the next room over..." Emma leaned in and kissed his lips, "...and I don't plan on being quiet." With that she stood up and went around the bed to get her suitcase, catching a glance of the aroused expression on his face.

When they walked out of the bedroom, there was a knock on the door. Emma went to answer it, setting her suitcase down and looking through the peephole before she did.

"Sheriff Booth..." Emma swallowed harshly when she opened the front door. It's only been a day since she filed a complaint against Neal. Did he find him already? "What can I do for you?"

"Hi, Emma. I just wanted to make sure you were alright. I know it must have been difficult filing a complaint against your husband."

Emma looked at him, confused. Instead of going out and looking for a guy who beat his pregnant wife and not to mention is carrying a gun, most likely illegally, he came to check on her? "Yeah, I'm fine."

"That's good. I also wanted to let you know that I haven't been able to track down your yellow Volkswagen, yet. Do you know how he got here in the first place?"

Emma shook her head. "I have no idea. He had a car of his own but I haven't seen him in a few months."

"Do you know the license plate number? Maybe he switched the plates."

"Yeah." Emma spelled it out as he wrote it down on his pad of paper. "It's a Florida plate."

"That should make it is easy to find since we don't get a whole lot of out-of-towners. What kind of car did he use to drive, just in case he didn't transfer the plate?"

"How will finding that car help you find him if he's not driving it anymore?"

"I'm just trying to narrow everything down. If he did drive here, there may be a reason he switched vehicles and not just for sentimental reasons. Or maybe his car just broke down on the side of the road and he hitched a ride. If I can track the car down, it may eliminate some scenarios."