Little Boy Blue

Emma was smiling, gushing, feeling as though she were on a cloud when she stood outside the restaurant. It seemed like for the first time in a while, she hadn't a dash of worry about Neal or any other thing that would put a dark cloud over her evening with Killian. They talked about the future and she was actually seeing a future. One full of hope and love and happiness. With Killian and their family.

When he walked away, she never expected the hand that gripped her mouth, an arm snaking around her belly so tightly she couldn't breath.

She was pulled away barely able to comprehend what was happening. She had no clue. She tried to fight against it but the grasp on her became tighter and she had to force her feet to move faster to keep up with the pace.

Then she heard the rash words in her ear and that's when she realized who it was and fear had never gripped her more tightly than it did in that moment. The voice was cruel and taunting; the same voice that haunted her darkest nightmares.

"You thought you could just leave me and start a new life huh? You thought you could take my son from me and tear our family apart and go around fucking someone else and get away with it?!"

When they reached a dark alley and Emma saw her yellow bug through the thin, night air, she thought this was it. She thought that she failed. All of her dreams, the future she envisioned with Killian and her son were disappearing as she was being dragged through the alley, her captor showing no mercy. The grip on her stomach was so tight she was sure that she would lose her baby. Tears were bursting from her eyes as she felt a harsh shove and her hands sprang out to keep herself from colliding into the car. She still had a death grip on her purse as she gasped for air, trying to get her breath.

"Answer me, God dammit!" he demanded, even though he was still covering her mouth.

Then she felt a violent tug on her hair, her head being pulled back and she cried out in pain, her voice muffled, so he removed it, gripping her arm so tightly she knew she would have bruises even through her jacket. "Please! Neal don't do this!"

She wasn't sure exactly what he had in mind, but whatever it was, she knew it wasn't anything good. He yanked on her hair so hard, she thought he had pulled the strands out of her head. She felt his mouth against her earlobe and her entire body went stiff, goosebumps crawling over her skin.

"I let you off easy, Em, so I wouldn't do anything I would regret and hurt my baby trying to punish you for what you've done, but now it's time to go home. And after you have my baby, you will be lucky if you ever see him again!"

Emma cried out, wincing from the pain of the aggressive hold he had on her hair and right arm. His body was pressed against her back, anchoring her into the car.

She lowered her hands just above her belly and with the most subtle of moments, she unzipped the small clutch in her hand, ever so slightly slipping her left hand inside and grabbing her pepper spray. He whispered all of the things he was going to do to her when they got home and after she had the baby. All the ways he would punish her.

Pulling her hand from the purse, she was being shoved over as Neal released the grasp on her arm and opened the passenger door. "Get in the fucking car you stupid whore!" He shoved her towards it and she tripped over her feet but was able to grab onto the door with her free hand, holding herself up.

Neal loosened the grip on her hair for two seconds and even with her hand shaking, she seized the opportunity. She ducked her head as though she were about to get in the vehicle, completely escaping his hold in the process, but then she turned around, willing her fingers to function properly and she sprayed him directly in the eyes.