Grand Finale

4: 56 a.m.

-----------------------------

Sapphire lay in a pool of her own blood. Her right arm violently twisted, strands of her hair on the floor and walls. Ruby leaned on a wall, Sapphire's dagger stabbed in her thigh. She groaned with the slightest movement, feeling the blade move around inside her. " So this is it? " Sapphire felt blood pool in her mouth. Her life flashed before her eyes, seeing her meet Jackal, Zen, and Atlas. The times she spent with Phoenix, kissing his handsome face outside with the summer breeze. The teenagers, she remembered all those times she watched from the shadows seeing them play and argue. The more they interacted, the more she saw her friends in them. Sapphire slowly opened her eyes, coughing blood. " No...I won't lose like this. " Images of Ruby and Sapphire's childhood appeared. " Body...come on. " Sapphire started using her other arm to force herself to get up. Ruby scoffed, seeing this.

" It's pointless; I've won. " Ruby watched Sapphire get to her feet, " We don't have to finish this. "

" Yes....you know we have to. " Sapphire coughed. 

" You..can't win. " Ruby ripped the dagger out of her foot, causing her to wail in pain, " Don't make me do this. "

" I..." Sapphire's tears started to glow, making Ruby gasp.

" What-"

" I won't lose to you! I'm not gonna give up!  " Sapphire yelled, her tears and eyes glowing neon blue. 

" Your.....power....." Ruby stared in shock, " it...activated- "

Sapphire ran forward, almost falling over. Ruby quickly snapped back to her senses, thrusting the blade at Sapphire. Smoothly, Sapphire twisted the blade disarming Ruby as the knife was tossed in the air. She threw a punch at Ruby, knocking her sister in the jaw. Ruby blocked another swing and tried to counter, but Sapphire weaved underneath the hook. The blade fell into Sapphire's hand while she spun around. 

TCHK!

Ruby's eyes widened, feeling the knife pierce her side. She grabbed Sapphire's wrist, trying to force it out of her, but Sapphire kept pushing.  Finally, Ruby screamed in agony, using her remaining strength to pull the blade out of her and kick Sapphire through a concrete pillar. Sapphire rolled on the ground, her back crashing into a stack of boxes. The sisters stared at each other, blood both coming from their sides. 

" Sapphire. " Ruby felt the tears fall down her face, " You..."

" What...." Sapphire coughed, " What could you possibly taunt me with now? "

" I'm proud of you. " 

Sapphire's eyes widened in shock, but that was short-lived. Like a blur, Ruby dashed forward and pounded her fist into Sapphire's gut. Sapphire's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she instantly fell unconscious. Ruby sighed, resting her forehead on her sister's. She grabbed the blade and put it to Sapphire's throat, seeing blood drip from Sapphire's face onto the silver. Tears streamed out of Ruby's eyes, seeing a younger version of Sapphire in front of her. With a frustrated sigh, Ruby pushed herself off of her sister, dropping the knife.

" I...I can't. " Ruby mumbled, " Shit...I'm going to be in so much trouble for this. " 

She slowly got up, limping out of the building, leaving a trail of blood behind her. Ruby groaned as she pressed a button on her belt, covering herself in ivory light.

BZZT.

Ten minutes later...

WHOOSH!