Happy Birthday

5:04 p.m.

December 30th

-----------------------------

" So...how does it feel to be 18? " Chloe looked at her two brothers.

" It's all downhill from here. " Jennifer laughed as Ava scoffed.

" Now, why would you say that?" Ava chuckled.

" Their brain damage will only get worse.

" And that's why you're my best friend. You know the truth. " Ivy joked as Ryan rolled his eyes.

" Shut up. " The brothers groaned, making the crowd chuckle. 

" I'm going to wait for the pizza. They should be coming in a few more minutes. " Their dad smiled and walked into the next room.

" I've gotta get going. " Ava kissed her sons on the cheek, " Birthday or not; I wish I was like your father and got a day off. "

" It's okay, mom, go be a B.A. " Ryan smirked.

" A what? "

" He said go be a badass. " Alex laughed as he covered Chloe's ears. 

Ava rolled her eyes and chuckled before she kissed their dad on the lips. They all waved goodbye, seeing her exit the door.

" Okay, let's get back to it. Open your gifts! " Ivy exclaimed, " Ryan, open mine first! "

" Alrighty then. " Ryan tore open the wrapping, and his eyes bulged, " Oh..wow....this must've cost you a lot- Thanks, Ivy!"

" No problem, love.  " She blew Ryan a kiss as he put on his gift, a black sweater with Japanese writing on the arms. A red dragon breathed flames on the back of it. 

" She has good taste. " The mist dragon chuckled.

" Ayo!? " Max opened her gift, putting on a chrome blue and gold hoodie, " This shiz is- wow! Wait a minute...aren't...you supposed to remove the price tags when you give people your gift? "

" Oh no, I left them there on purpose. Right, Jennifer?" Ivy smirked as Jennifer sighed. 

" THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS?! " The brothers yelled as Jennifer gripped her purse and her eye twitched. 

" Had to get the best of the best love. " Ivy winked, " Jennifer owed me from a bet before, so...I had her chime in. "

" Shut up. " Jennifer groaned, slamming her head on a wall.

" Oof. " Alex laughed as he handed his gift to Ryan and Max. 

" Nice! " Max smiled, holding a fighting game in his hands, " Tournament Storm 5- y'all don't want this smoke.  "

" Yeah, right. " Ryan scoffed.

" Two of you need to calm down unless you want me to embarrass you two at your own birthday. " Alex smirked.

" Hey! It's my turn for my gifts! " Chloe exclaimed before he ran upstairs. 

" It's gonna be a pain when she grows up. " The dragon mumbled as Ryan smiled.

Chloe ran into her room and flicked on her lights. Her heart dropped to her stomach.

" Oh...hi. "

" AAAAH- "
-----------------------------

Everyone downstairs heard Chloe's bloodcurdling scream, rushing up the steps. Alex and the boys' father, Adam, rushed inside.