Awakening

9: 35 p.m.

-----------------------------

WHOOSH.

" Guys, I'm up. I'm heading your way. " Jennifer flew in the air, covered in her suit and bruises.  

" I'm right behind you, Jennifer. " Max followed using an earth wave to speed on the ground. 

" Excellent. " Dante continued to fly covered in a vortex of wind, " Here's the plan. We need to prioritize civilian rescue. Get as many as we can, Zoe; you're in charge of building a safe zone in the square. We'll carry them there and fight off the monsters with them out of the way. "

" Noted. What about Lady Sapphire? " Jennifer flew next to Dante.

" The hell? You good? " Dante watched her blood fall down her face.

" I'll live. " Jennifer winced.

" We're doing things our own way...Lady Sapphire is....busy. " Ray lied flying next to them.

" What about Ryan? " Amy flew up covered in golden light, Michelle zoomed up behind her.

" I have no idea where he is...I'm sure he's fine, though. " Max lunged into the air and ran on a building next to Karla, Zoe, and Nichole.

" Anyone else scared? " Ray muttered.

" More than you could imagine. " Nichole mumbled, " It's, do or die time. "

" She's right. " Dante flew above them, " You've got your orders; let's move, team! "

WHOOOSH!

-----------------------------

Meanwhile

" Dispatch, Officer Richards has eyes on the culprit. " Ava drove down the street, seeing Origin surrounded by a group of monsters.  

" Well, well well. " Origin zoomed forward and tore off the roof of the car and grabbed Ava by the collar, " It's a pleasure to meet you finally. "

Ava pulled out her gun, but Origin crushed the front easily. She growled and pulled a knife from her vest, cutting her hair and getting out of his grip. Origin laughed as he watched monsters charge towards her. Max zoomed down from the sky, throwing large rocks at the creatures. They crashed on the street, shaking the ground and stopping the monsters.

" You'll be okay; just stay behind me. " Max put his hands in front of her.

" Wait a minute- Max? " Ava asked as Max's eyes widened.

" What the-?!" 

" Watch your mouth, and you think I don't recognize your voice? " She ripped off her jacket and tied it around her waist, pulling out another pistol, " Come on, let's move. "

BANG! BANG!

Ava fired at Origin as he floated in the air. With a yawn, he dodged the bullets. Origin chuckled and prepared to dash after her, but Max cracked him in the jaw with an earth gauntlet. It had little to no effect, breaking on impact. Quickly, Max grabbed his mom and traversed underground. 

" Mom, you need to stay out of this. " Max resurfaced, " He's far too powerful. "

" So I'm just supposed to watch my son lose his life? Hell no, no way- "

" MOM! "

" There's so much going on right now- Where's your brother? Wait, how did you get superpowers? I have so many questions! " 

" Mom, quiet! " Max quickly shushed her and handed her over to Zoe, " Here's another one. "

" Come on...add another layer. " Zoe stomped on the ground, and Max followed.