Hurt pt.2

Prompt: it's been a week since Luke got hurt defending Ashton. His injuries have healed, well mostly. His ribs are still bruised. And Ashton finally finds out who hurt Luke, he goes to tell them off. Will he get hurt? Or someone else?

------

It's been a week, and Luke's injuries have all healed. He's been walking around fine, his eye is healed.

But his ribs still are bruised, and Ashton sees this. He can tell that Luke is still in some pain when it comes to his stomach. Ashton still feels bad that Luke got hurt defending him, but he wants to make it right.

Right now they were hanging out at the mall, just having fun. Ashton and Luke were sitting at the food court laughing.

"O-oh my gosh. That's the f-funniest thing I-I've ever heard." Ashton exclaims after Luke tells him a story about his two brothers and a family grill. Long story short, someone lost their hair.

"I know right! Jack and Ben just don't know." Luke says smiling, but then he stops laughing and smiling. He tenses up.

"Luke, what's wrong?" Ashton asks noticing the change in Luke's demeanor.

"Nothing." Luke says. He's not even looking at Ashton, he's looking at something behind him.

"Luke that's a lie," Ashton says. "What's wrong? Do you see something?"

Luke sighs,"ok, remember when I told you about those guys who were talking bad  about you and hit me?" Ashton nods.

"Well, that's them over there. And they're looking over here." Luke says. Ashton turns around and sees the group of guys Luke is talking about. He sees them looking over at the two laughing at them and making faces at them.

"Luke, I'm gonna go say something." Ashton says, getting up.

"Ashton no." Luke says, but Ashton is already out of his seat and making his way towards the three.

"Excuse me," Ashton says once he gets to the group. "Is there something that me and my friend can do for you?"

"Um no, why would we need anything from fags like you?" One responded.

"Ashton come on." Luke says, grabbing Ashton's arm trying to pull him away from the group.

"Aw, look at this guys. It's the dude that tried to stick up for this guy. Man, it sure was fun hitting you, wish I could do it again." One of the other one says, cracking his knuckles combing close to Luke.

"No, stay away from him." Ashton said, getting between the two. He wasn't about to let Luke get hurt once again because of him.

"Hey look at this, Ashton is trying to be tough. Let's get real here Ashton," the third guy came up close to his face, intimidating Ashton slightly,"you can't do anything. You're pathetic. You can't protect anyone even if you tried. You're weak, you're disgusting, you're a waste of time. You're worthless."

Ashton had tears in his eyes at his words. Those words cut deep into Ashton. The guy was still up in Ashton's face, but in mere moments, he was gone.

Luke had stepped up from behind Ashton and punched the guy. He flailed backwards, hitting the ground unconscious.

The other two gaped at him, not expecting his strength.

"Anyone else?" Luke asks. One guy went over the passed out one while the other lunged at Luke. He went to punch him but Luke side stepped out of his way, making him miss, but almost hitting Ashton. Ashton gasped and stepped backwards, almost falling.

The guy smirked coming close to Ashton but Luke was there and grabbed his shirt pulling him away from Ashton. He was not about to allow him to hurt Ashton.