All's Fair In Love & War

Hey guys. This is my first story and I love writing and I hope to get better and maybe even pursue it as a career. So IF you are reading these leave comments with any suggestions, criticism, ideas. Thank you :))) - Treasure

P.S. probably a lot of grammatical/spelling mistakes I uploaded this on a whim.

      I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, cliché I know, but it was perfect for the moment because I felt like I had lost my mind. Toothbrush? Check. Toothpaste, flat iron, check, check. Underwear? Well I might not be needing those too often but check. I've probably packed and repacked a million times in anticipation for this day but something still seemed to be missing. The mounds of clothes spread across my room would have to wait for me to get back. I took one last look in the mirror as I sighed in attempt to calm myself down. My hair was up in a messy bun, showing off my favorite diamond studded skull earrings. My outfit was plain, a white v-neck, black leggings, and some knee high black boots. It was 89 degrees today and I was a New England girl; so this California heat and I weren't the best of friends, but besides that I loved it here. There was no place else I'd rather be, at least most of the time. But right now at this very moment I wanted nothing more than to be by my girlfriend's side in Texas. Yes, I said girlfriend. I have dated men before but it felt like experimenting. More of a don't knock it till you try it approach, and I tried it and I'll pass. I just never felt with a man what I feel with a woman, especially my girlfriend Callie. Just the thought of her made me giddy like I was in middle school. Six months ago she left to go live on a military base in Dallas where she has to train for a year before being deployed to God knows where.

'Pour it up, Pour it up, watch it all fall out'

 I burrowed through my oversized purse searching for my phone, the call was just about to end before I finally found it.

"HELLO?!" I said frantically hoping I answered in time.

"I'm outside, hoe!" my obnoxious best friend Ariana yelled through the phone.

She was the only one who could insult me without me taking it to offense. She was more than a best friend to me, she was my sister. The yin to my yang and I don't just mean because she was white and I was black. We were complete opposites but we clicked perfectly. She was impulsive, I was cautious. She was adventurous, I was more timid. I guess we balanced each other out. Only thing we really had in common was we were really outgoing. People seemed to vibe with us easily. I guess that's why our club venture took off with what felt like almost no effort. Our club, Lust, was our baby, our pride and joy, our provider, our blessing. I mean I'm no millionaire, but I'm very comfortable and that was good enough for me. Especially compared to the financial nightmare I lived day in and out before.

I grabbed my suit case, put on my aviators on, and headed out the door. I was throwing it in the back of Ariana's Tahoe when I remembered what I was forgetting.

"MY NECKLACE!" I yelled before dropping the suitcase and running into the house.

"Hurry up. You're gonna be late!" she yelled after me, getting out to put the suitcase in for me.

I ransacked my dresser looking for it as fast as I could, tossed up a few clothes making an even bigger mess only to find it on my bathroom sink. I fled down the stairs, locked the door behind me, and climbed my short ass into her monster truck.

"Heyyyyyy Fall!"

 My name is really Autumn but from the day we met Ariana insisted on calling me Fall. I was too out of breath to respond so I just kissed her cheek as I continued to put on my necklace. My acrylics made it damn near impossible to get the clamp to stay open. After I finally got it, I tucked the locket in my shirt.