Chapter 33

It had been two weeks since we bought the house and everything was finally in place. The house was packed with all our closest friends for a housewarming cookout. Avery and I were leaving to Australia next week and I wouldn't be seeing all my friends for Christmas so we decided to have an early one. I plopped down on the couch in between Ariana and Channy.

"Damn, you get bigger every time I see you." Ariana smiled rubbing my stomach.

"The weight looks good on you. Look at your chubby cheeks." Channy said pinching at them. I slapped her hand away laughing.

"I feel like I'm eight months instead of six." I sighed. "Did you guys see the babies' room? It's so cute!"

"Aw, I want to see!"

"Come I'll show you." I tried to get myself up out the chair but I was stuck. Channy giggled before sticking her hand out to pull me up. I lead the way up the stairs and felt Arianna pinching at my butt.

"Damn that ass ma." she chuckled.

"You're so stupid." I laughed putting my hand behind me to block hers. I let them walk into the nursery first and they awed as they walked around the room. The top half of the walls were painted dark grey and the bottom half were a coral pink separated by a thin white line for three out of the four walls in the room. The wall that the black and white crib was against had a white and grey checkered pattern. The medium sized, rectangle carpet that laid on the hardwood floor was a teal blue and tied in perfectly with a white and teal painting that hung above the gray nursing chair. A teal and white decorative pillow was placed in the corner of the chair as a finishing touch. I was unsure of how it would all come out when the decorator described it to me but it was a beautiful color combination and I was in love with the results. The bathroom followed the same color combination as well.

"This is so cute!" Channy squealed.

"Yeah I love it! I was expecting something pink and basic." Arianna added.

"Yeah that's why I like it too. It's different."

I turned off the light as we left the room and were about to head downstairs. All the guys were in the upstairs entertainment room watching a football game. I grabbed my chest, startled, as Malcolm jumped from the sofa and cheered. They were all arguing and trash talking back and forth that they didn't even notice us in the room. I walked over to Avery who was sitting on a stool and stood between his legs but his eyes remained glued to the TV. I moved my head so it was blocking his view and he leaned to the side.

"Babe. Hello? AVERY!"

"Uhuh" he said still not looking at me. I grabbed his face with my hands so he was looking in my eyes.

"What babe?" he whined.

"I have to ask you something!"

"Yes." He answered looking back at the screen.

"I didn't even ask yet." I laughed. He groaned then looked back at me.

"What is it?"

"Can I have a kiss?" I smirked wrapping my arms around his neck.

 "You can't be serious."

"I'm very serious." I said trying not to laugh at how annoyed he was getting. The guys jumped up yelling and Avery quickly looked back to the TV. I grabbed his face again and he quickly pecked my lips.

"Okay, now can I watch the game?" I gently pushed him and walked back over to Ariana and Channy then continued downstairs and went out to the back. Sasha and Yolanda were all splashing around in the pool. I laid back on one of the lawn chairs while Ariana went to get me some juice.