Chapter 8

"Shit!!" I thought out loud.

I walked over to the phone, picked it up, and plugged it in. When it finally turned on, the screen had a few spots where you could see but for the most part it was done. Now I couldn't even try to call back. I needed that phone. All my business contacts were in there. But most importantly, all my pictures that I needed to get me through these three months without Cal were in there. I looked at the time on my watch, 6:00. I had to be at Lust by 8:00. 2 hours, it's like that time frame was haunting me. I quickly began to gather my clothes, folding them as fast as I could and shoving them in the drawers. Half of them became unfolded in the process but right now I didn't really care. I took off the clothes I had on now, threw them in my hamper and ran to the bathroom to turn on the shower. I returned to my room as the shower ran to find an outfit. I decided on a black mesh shirt, a pair of fitted black slacks, black pointed toe pumps, and my rectangular snake skin clutch. I checked the time again 6:30. I headed back to the bathroom, grabbed my tooth brush and tooth paste and hopped in the shower.

When I got out it was 6:47. I threw my hair up in a bun and got dressed as fast as I could, glancing at the time again, 7:15. I took one last look in the mirror, made sure I had everything I needed in my clutch, grabbed my keys, and ran downstairs with my heels in my hand. My car had an auto start so when I got in I just put on my heels and took off. Luckily for me, a Verizon store was only a couple blocks over. I was flying around cars and honking at everyone who got in my way. When I pulled into the parking lot my car took up two spaces, but I had no time to fix it. It was 7:20 and I still had to go to the wholesaler to get some liquor for the bar, which was about a 15 minute drive from where I was on a good day and today so far had been a horrible day. I was for sure going to be late. Ariana was going to kill me.

"Hi how can I help y... wow nice car, audi r8 right? 2000...10?" a short chubby balding man asked me.

"11, but thank you. Um I need a new phone, fast...please I'm in a rush" I said in one breath.

"Okay well what phone were you looking for?"

"The same one I have now, iPhone 5s, gold. I need you to transfer all the information and pictures from this phone into that one too please."

"Okay it'll take about 10 minutes though."

I closed my eyes smoothed my hair back trying to contain my frustration. "Can I pay for the new phone, go somewhere, then come back and pick it up when you're done? I really don't have 10 minutes I'm sorry I'm not trying to be a bitc—difficult."

"Yeah sure, it's no problem. Did you have AppleCare+ on your old phone?"

"Yeah" He typed in my name and number in the computer and pulled up all my information.

"Okay Ms. Knight you'll just have to pay a 75$ deductible and then you're all set."

I handed him my debit card.

"Autumn Knight" he repeated as we waited for the transaction to complete, he laughed to himself. "Clever."

I fake smiled. I was growing impatient. I checked the clock on their wall, 7:35. Just as I looked away from it my receipt printed and he handed it to me along with my card.

"Thank you! I'll be back" I yelled as I ran out the door.

I was speeding, hitting 70 on main streets. I even ran a couple red lights, just a couple. I made it to the warehouse at 7:47.

"BELLA! You're late! " Pauly yelled when he saw me. He was a diesel, tall, deeply tanned man, with a sleeve full of tattoos. He was in his early forty's but looked like he was 28, had big brown eyes, a warming smile, and always smelled like cigarettes.